Planning a visit to Sedona, Arizona? Right here’s our day-to-day itinerary with lodging, eating places, and hikes.
My highschool mates and I’ve gotten collectively annually, yearly, for the final 25 years (2020 was the one yr that derailed us).
Principally we meet at one another’s homes, going for walks, consuming out, and reconnecting.
This yr we spent a dreamy weekend in Sedona, the place our Winter blahs had been melted away by the Arizona solar.
Just a few necessary factors about our itinerary:
- We traveled to Sedona in late-January, when the typical month-to-month temperature is 31-56 levels F. It was usually chilly within the mornings, then warmed up all through the day. Listed below are common month-to-month temperatures in Sedona.
- We’re not partiers. We didn’t hunt down bars or stylish locations. So when you’re in search of that, you gained’t discover it right here!
- We weren’t on tight budgets. We splurged on a spacious Airbnb that was walkable to outlets and eating places as a deal with for our fiftieth birthdays.
- We’re not hardcore hikers. We wore sneakers or climbing footwear and selected hikes that had been simple or average.
- Our Airbnb got here with a Crimson Rocks Go, which have to be displayed within the windshield of your automobile at sure trails. Right here’s the place you should buy a Crimson Rocks Go.
I hope this offers you some concepts–or at the very least evokes you to go to this lovely place too!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: How you can See 7 Utah & Arizona Nationwide Parks in 6 Days
Our Sedona Itinerary
- Arrive at Phoenix Airport mid-day, decide up rental automotive, and drive to Sedona.
- LUNCH: Cease alongside the best way at Wildflower Bread Firm
- Arrive at Airbnb: We splurged on this four-bedroom, three-bathroom Airbnb home that has a big kitchen and front room, scorching tub, and spacious deck with an incredible view. We liked that it was inside strolling distance of eating places and outlets. Take a look at the view from the kitchen window!
- Discuss a stroll round city and order take-out at Elote Cafe. Tables e-book up months prematurely, so make a reservation as quickly as you possibly can (or, when you wait too lengthy like we did, cease by and order take-away).
- Get groceries at native Safeway (2300 W Hwy 89A): There’s additionally a close-by Complete Meals and a few native meals markets.
- Choose up take-out at Elote Cafe and eat at residence inside or out on the deck.
- Cease at Chapel of the Holy Cross on the best way again. This spot will get busy, however we occurred to discover a parking spot. We walked as much as the chapel, peeked inside, and loved the gorgeous views.
- Cease at Son Silver West for enjoyable souvenirs: This quirky place is like an artwork gallery and gift-shop in a single.
- LUNCH: Pump Home Station. We ate massive, scrumptious salads on the screened-in entrance porch.
- Stroll over to Cream & Cake Couture for treats.
- Return to the home to soak within the scorching tub and skim on the deck. Right here’s the view from our deck (and my mismatched socks!).
- Do a part of the Oak Creek Canyon Scenic Drive (AZ 89A). This can be a lovely drive, however does have some switchbacks, so it’s not for nervous drivers. We drove about half-hour to a scenic overlook then drove again (you should definitely arrive on the overlook earlier than 4pm, when it closes!).
- Eat Elote Cafe leftovers for dinner with home made guacamole + chips
- BREAKFAST: Eat at Airbnb
- HIKE: Cathedral Rock ($10 parking charge). The hike up Cathedral Rock is gorgeous however tough. So we opted to stroll alongside the creek under. That is the view of Cathedral Rock from the parking zone and picnic web site. You’ll be able to enter the decrease path from there.
- LUNCH: Sit on the patio at 89 Agave Cantina (they’ve acquired heaters). Get a load of the superb enchiladas with a facet of rice and beans!
- Store downtown
- Hike Brin’s Mesa (entry from Jordan Street trailhead). This was my favourite hike of the weekend. There are a few overlooks with lovely views. Cease, sit, and benefit from the silence!
- DINNER: Hideaway Home. We ate the Kat’s Means pizza and Fall Harvest Salad exterior on the deck, which feels such as you’re having dinner in a treehouse. Take a look at our superb view! (It was chilly however we had heaters on both facet of our desk.)
- Return to the home and soak within the scorching tub and gaze on the superb, star-filled sky.
DAY 4: MONDAY
- Breakfast in Airbnb, utilizing no matter groceries are left.
- Say goodbye to Sedona and depart for the Phoenix airport!
What to pack for a visit to Sedona
I stuffed lots into these packing cubes. They function a “compression zipper”, so that you save much more house. In case you’re flying, right here’s my favourite extremely light-weight suitcase you possibly can both verify or keep on.
- Hat (baseball or wide-brimmed for solar, heat winter hat for cool mornings)
- Sun shades
- Mountain climbing footwear/boots or tennis footwear with sturdy soles and good socks
- Snug pants for climbing (shorts if heat climate)
- Good socks for climbing
- Lengthy-sleeved and short-sleeved shirts (layering is vital)
- Puffer coat or vest if visiting throughout colder months
- Sweatshirt or fleece jacket
- Bathing go well with (for the recent tub!)
- Day pack
- Sunscreen (stick for face, spray/cream for physique)
- Hand sanitizer
- Reusable water bottle
Groceries we purchased for a weekend in Sedona
As a result of we handled ourselves to a whole lot of lunches and dinners out, we didn’t want many groceries, and the Airbnb was stocked with some fundamentals like sugar. We purchased our groceries on the native Safeway. There may be additionally a Complete Meals, plus different native markets, on the town.
- Bagels + cream cheese
- Peanut butter packets
- Cheddar cheese
- Avocados + limes to make my easy guacamole
- Regionally made tortilla chips
- Espresso + creamer
- Granola bars
- Potato chips
- Bottled water for hikes (two of us remembered to pack reusable bottles, two of us didn’t!)
- Orange juice
Need to see extra of Arizona?
Take a look at my submit How you can See 7 Utah & Arizona Nationwide Parks in 6 Days for particulars on our household journey. Our stops included parks in Arizona together with Monument Valley, Lake Powell, and the Grand Canyon.