Gem-like black lentils are the beginning of this dramatic, colourful, gluten-free, plant-based dish, which is flavored with a pesto dressing and topped with sensible roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts.
- ¾ cup ready pesto, vegan
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon crimson wine vinegar
Garnish: (optionally available)
- ½ cup recent basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice butternut squash in half, scoop out seeds, peel and slice into cubes. Organize on half of a baking sheet.
- Slice brussels sprouts in half and prepare on the opposite half of the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss with tongs to distribute.
- Place within the prime rack of the oven and roast for about 20 minutes, till golden brown and tender.
- Whereas greens are roasting, prepare dinner lentils. Mix black lentils, 2 cups water, and a pair of cups vegetable broth in a medium pot, cowl with lid, and prepare dinner for about 20 minutes, till simply barely tender, however not mushy. Permit to chill barely.
- Combine collectively vegan pesto, water, and vinegar in a small dish to create a dressing.
- Gently combine dressing and diced crimson onions into lentils.
- Place dressed, cooked lentils on a big serving platter.
- Organize roasted squash and brussels sprouts, pumpkin seeds, and basil leaves (optionally available) over the lentils.
- Serve instantly.
- Makes 14 servings (1 cup every).
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 20 minutes
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: American
Key phrases: vegan salad, greatest vegan salad, simple salad recipe, butternut squash salad, butternut squash