This Candy Potato Breakfast Hash is a nourishing meal that’s straightforward to make and filled with nutritious elements to gasoline your physique. It has every thing you might want to begin your time without work with nice vitality for no matter you might have deliberate, and it makes a superb brunch or dinner possibility, too!
Typically being constant with wholesome consuming can really feel like an actual problem. Whether or not it’s lack of inspiration or lack of time that’s the difficulty, this recipe will get you excited to make it, and eat it! You may even prep the veggies forward of time and simply add the eggs within the morning, making it handy and simple.
On the lookout for extra enjoyable and simple recipe concepts? You may at all times save time and benefit from the comfort of getting every thing all mapped out for you with one in every of my achieved for you meal plans.
For this recipe, I used candy potatoes as the bottom since they’re a fiber-rich carbohydrate (what we name a “complicated carbohydrate”), which digest extra slowly, serving to you are feeling full longer and keep away from cravings (1). Candy potatoes are additionally an important supply of Vitamin C and beta-carotene (2), which has been proven to enhance the looks of your pores and skin, hold your immune system robust and promote good eye well being (3).
Eggs are a whole protein supply (the 9 important amino acids your physique can’t make by itself) and are extremely bioavailable – which means the protein is effectively metabolized, absorbed and utilized by your physique. The egg yolk accommodates ALL the nutritional vitamins, except Vitamin C (4) which you’re getting in abundance from the candy potatoes, so your bases are lined!
Including darkish, leafy greens ensures your physique will get one other nice fiber supply and a wide range of micronutrients, like carotenoids, (that are highly effective antioxidants which were proven to assist scale back the danger of ailments like most cancers) (5), whereas additionally selling cardiovascular well being and supporting your immune system (6).
All of those wholesome elements come collectively to create a very wonderful fast and simple one-pan meal that’s good anytime of the day! Get pleasure from!
Candy Potato Breakfast Hash
Yield: 2 servings
You’ll need: massive skillet with lid, spatula, measuring cups and spoons, reducing board and knife
Key: T = Tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup purple bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups candy potato, peeled and diced into 1/2 “ cubes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup darkish leafy greens (spinach, kale, chard, and so on.)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 T inexperienced onions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth and coat it with oil.
- Add the diced onions and peppers to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss within the candy potatoes and season with cumin, garlic powder and paprika.
- Cowl and cook dinner for 10-Quarter-hour, stirring often.
- Take away the lid and add the kale. Prepare dinner for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, till kale has wilted.
- Utilizing a spatula, make 4 holes within the hash, and crack an egg into every gap. Cowl and cook dinner the eggs to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper, and high with chopped inexperienced onions and sliced avocado.
Let me know when you make this recipe and the way you appreciated it – I like listening to from you!
On the lookout for extra wholesome recipe choices?
The 30 Day Problem Meal Plan contains all of the recipes and grocery lists for breakfasts, smoothies, sides, snacks and entrees for 4 full weeks – with loads of scrumptious choices and construction that will help you eat proper for YOUR life!
Take a look at every thing included within the 30 Day Problem Meal Plan proper right here, and let me make your life simpler!
- Mei, Xin et al. “Composition and physicochemical properties of dietary fiber extracted from residues of 10 sorts of candy potato by a sieving methodology.” Journal of Agricultural and Meals Chemistry. June 2010. Net. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20509611/
- Rautenbach, Fanie et al. “Antioxidant capability and antioxidant content material in roots of 4 candy potato varieties.” Journal of Meals Science. June 2010. Net. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20629859/
- Wu, Juan et al. “Intakes of Lutein, Zeaxanthin, and Different Carotenoids and Age-Associated Macular Degeneration Throughout 2 Many years of Potential Comply with-up.” JAMA ophthalmology vol. 133,12 (2015): 1415-24. doi:10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2015.3590 Net. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5119484/
- Réhault-Godbert, Sophie et al. “The Golden Egg: Dietary Worth, Bioactivities, and Rising Advantages for Human Well being.” Vitamins. March 2019. Net. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6470839/
- Krinsky, Norman I, and Elizabeth J Johnson. “Carotenoid actions and their relation to well being and illness.” Molecular points of medication vol. 26,6 (2005): 459-516. doi:10.1016/j.mam.2005.10.001 Net. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16309738/
- Brouwer-Brolsma, Elske M. et al. “Meals consumption biomarkers for inexperienced leafy greens, bulb greens, and stem greens: a evaluate.” Genes & Vitamin. April 2020. Net. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7144047/