Get up the precise manner with this Caramelized Onion, Broccoli and Spinach Frittata. Made with natural onions, broccoli and mighty spinach, this frittata will hit the spot for a fast weekday breakfast or weekend brunch.
I’m a full blown breakfast lover. I eat breakfast meals always of the day… it’s simply my favourite meal! I’ve at all times cherished savory egg dishes however this mixture could be my new favourite.
The caramelized onion is barely candy, paired with the colourful broccoli and spinach makes for an ideal taste mixture in each chunk! Bonus factors for this dish being filled with protein due to the eggs.
Right here’s What You Want
- broccoli – about 1-2 crowns of broccoli or 1 bunch of child broccoli.
- onion – any sort of onion works!
- mighty spinach – any spinach works however I like this mix from Earthbound Farm.
- eggs – I at all times favor utilizing full eggs however you are able to do a mix of eggs and egg whites in case you’d like.
- salt – to style.
- olive oil, butter or ghee – for sautéing the greens.
Learn how to Make a Veggie-Packed Frittata
STEP 1: Begin by prepping your greens. Chop the broccoli into chunk sized items and slice your onions.
STEP 2: Warmth an oven-safe skillet over medium warmth. Add the olive oil, ghee or butter to the skillet. As soon as the fats is melted, add the onions and pinch of salt and switch the warmth to medium low. Prepare dinner till the onions are golden and caramelized.
STEP 3: Place broccoli right into a warmth proof bowl and pour boiling water over the broccoli florets. Cowl with a plate for about 5 minutes. Drain and put aside.
STEP 4: Add the drained broccoli to the caramelized onions with one other good pinch of salt. Add within the field of greens and prepare dinner till it’s all wilted.
STEP 5: Whisk 10 eggs with 2 good pinches of salt. As soon as the entire greens are wilted, add the eggs to the skillet and gently stir to evenly distribute the greens.
STEP 6: Flip up the warmth to medium excessive and prepare dinner for about 5 minutes.
STEP 7: Switch the skillet to the oven and prepare dinner at 350ºF till the frittata is about – about quarter-hour.
What to Serve with Frittata
This recipe is a meal in it’s personal however in case you’re making it for a elaborate brunch or need to pair it with different meals, right here’s what I like to recommend:
Caramelized Onion, Broccoli and Spinach Frittata
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 40 minutes
- Whole Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 giant slices 1x
- ½ lb broccoli (about 1–2 crowns of broccoli or 1 bunch of child broccoli), chopped
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 field of mighty spinach (5 oz)
- 10 eggs
- salt, to style
- Olive oil, butter or ghee for cooking
- Prep your greens and place the broccoli right into a warmth proof bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- Warmth an oven secure 10” skillet (ideally nonstick or forged iron) over medium warmth for 2-3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of olive, ghee or butter (or a combination) to skillet.
- As soon as the fats is melted add the onions and pinch of salt and switch the warmth to medium low.
- Prepare dinner the onions, stirring each couple of minutes, till they’re golden and caramelized, about quarter-hour.
- In the meantime, pour boiling water over the broccoli and canopy with a plate for about 5 minutes. Drain the broccoli and put aside.
- As soon as the onions are very aromatic, golden and comfortable, add the broccoli and one other good pinch of salt.
- Subsequent add within the field of greens and prepare dinner till it’s all wilted.
- In the meantime, whisk 10 eggs with 2 good pinches of salt.
- As soon as all of the greens are wilted add the eggs into the skillet and stir gently to evenly distribute the greens.
- Flip up the warmth to medium excessive and prepare dinner for about 5 minutes till the underside is golden.
- Switch the skillet to the oven and prepare dinner till the frittata is about, about quarter-hour.
- Permit to chill for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing into desired slices. Serve instantly.
Like this put up? Listed below are a couple of different egg recipes you would possibly take pleasure in:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be part of 20,000+ members of the THM Neighborhood to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome way of life suggestions and behind-the-scenes information from our workforce!