seventh chapter of Charaka Indriya sthana offers concerning the indicators of imminent loss of life as indicated by the distortion of the picture mirrored within the pupil. The chapter title is Pannaroopiya Indriyam.
Now we will expound the chapter on the indicators of imminent loss of life as indicated by the distortion of the picture mirrored within the pupil. Thus mentioned lord Atreya [1-2]
Learn – Arishta Lakshanas – Ominous Indicators And Signs Indicating Dangerous Prognosis
Shadow picture in pupil
The doctor shouldn’t deal with the affected person if any distortions are discovered within the shadow picture within the pupil of the affected person. 
Different varieties of shadow
The affected person is taken into account nearly as good as lifeless if there’s any distortion in any a part of the shadow of the physique attributable to moon- mild, daylight or the sunshine of a lamp and of the picture as mirrored within the water or mirror. 
Learn – Dangerous Prognosis Of Ailments Based mostly On Desires and Shadows
Distortions in shadow
Individuals having shadows that are damaged, break up, hazy, devoid of sure organs, added with sure extra organs, not conspicuous, bifurcated, deformed and with out the top, and related different shadows, with none seen trigger, could also be thought of as moribund. [5-6]
An individual whose shadow or mirrored picture modifications in form, measurement, color and lustre, he’s nearly as good as lifeless even when he seems to be wholesome. 
The time period “samsthana” stands for form. It could be even or uneven. Equally measurement could also be of three varieties – medium, quick or giant. The picture mirrored in water, mirror, solar and so on. comparable to the measurement and form of the physique of the person is called praticchaya. Pratichchaya is nothing however mirrored shadow primarily based on the color and lustre of the person. [8-9]
Learn – Dangerous Prognosis Based mostly On Odor, Contact, Style, Color And Voice
Mahabhutas and shadow
The next are the distinctive options of shadows relating to every of the 5 mahabhutas.
|Mahabhuta||Distinctive options of shadow|
|1||Akasa||Clear, blue , unctuous and lustrous|
|2||Vayu||Dry, brown, and aruna ( reddish)|
|3||Agni||Pure purple, good and pleasing to the eyes.|
|4||Jala||Clear like vaidurya (cat’s eye) and excessively unctuous.|
|5||Prthvi||Steady, unctuous, compact, easy, black and white.|
Learn – Panchamahabhuta: Software, Areas of Utility in Ayurveda therapy
The shadow pertaining to vayu is of inferior class whereas the remaining 4 are indicative of happiness. The previous is indicative of nice calamities and miseries. [10-13]
Numerous varieties of luster
All varieties of lustre are constituted of tejas mahabhuta i.e. hearth ingredient. They’re of seven sorts, viz, purple, yellow, white, brown, inexperienced, pandura (pale yellow) and black. Of them these that are emanative, unctuous and dense are auspicious. Then again, these that are dry, soiled and skinny are inauspicious. [14-15]
Shadow vis a vis lustre
The chaya (shadow) circumscribes the complexion of the physique whereas the prabha (lustre) illuminates the complexion. The shadow could be noticed from close by whereas the lustre illuminates from a distance. There may be nothing devoid of shadow or lustre. Sure distinctive options of the shadow and the lustre when mature point out emergence of auspicious or inauspicious leads to respect of human beings. [16-17]
Learn – Prognosis Indicators Based mostly On The Messenger – Doota Adhishtita Arishta
Indicators of imminent loss of life
- Yellowness of the eyes, swelling within the face, temples devoid of flesh, terrifying look and excessive temperature of the physique (are the signs of imminent loss of life) Sufferers with such signs should not be handled.
- A affected person who faints repeatedly whereas being taken out of the mattress can not survive even for per week.
- A affected person who suffers from illnesses attributable to a couple of dosha during which each the upward and downward tracks are and whose grahani (duodenum and different elements of small gut) are deranged can not survive longer than a fortnight. [18-20]
- An emaciated affected person, who takes little or no meals however passes urine and stool in giant amount, shouldn’t be handled.
- A weak affected person who takes meals which is extra in amount than his earlier meal(s) however passes urine and stool in small amount must be thought of as already lifeless.
- If an individual who’s weak, thirsty and having dryness of mouth, suffers from groaning, dyspepsia and diarrhoea, then he doesn’t survive.
- If the particular person is in need of breath and there are irregular actions in his physique, then in line with Punarvasu Atreya, he doesn’t survive.
- If an individual, whose complexion, power and capability of consumption of meals are diminished, develops respiratory dyspnea and will get with kapha, then he doesn’t survive. [21-26]
- If an individual who’s weak, thirsty and having dryness of mouth suffers from inflexible and upward look of the eyes and fixed throbbing of the carotid area of the neck. He doesn’t survive.
- If an individual is having swollen cheeks from excessive fever and extreme cough, cough, colicky ache and aversion for meals, then no therapy will reach curing him.
- If there’s distortion of the top, tongue and face, drooping of the eyebrows and look of thorny coating over the tongue, then such an individual must be thought of as already lifeless.
- If phallus will get excessively shrunken and the testicles grasp excessively free or vice versa, then the particular person having such irregular indicators must be thought of as already lifeless.
- If an emaciated one that has losing of muscle and who’s diminished to pores and skin and bones doesn’t take meals, his residual span of life just isn’t a couple of month. [27-31]
Learn – Dangerous Prognosis Based mostly On Premonitory Signs Of Illness – Purvarupiya Arishta
To sum up:- a smart one that is nicely versed with these numerous varieties of indicators indicative of imminent loss of life, is entitled to be referred to as Ayurvedavit ( knower of the “science of drugs”). 
Thus ends the seventh chapter on the indicators if imminent loss of life as indicated by the “distortion of photographs mirrored within the pupil” of the Indriya part of Agnivesha’s work as redacted by Charaka