tenth chapter of Charaka Indriya sthana offers about indicators indicative of impending sudden Loss of life. The chapter identify is Sadhyomaraniya Indriyam.
We will now discover the chapter on the “Indicators indicative of Impending sudden Loss of life”. Thus mentioned Lord Atreya[1-2]
Learn – Arishta Lakshanas – Ominous Indicators And Signs Indicating Unhealthy Prognosis
Premonitory indicators of Sudden demise
O! Agnivesha, I shall describe individually the indicators indicative of sudden demise. The affected person stricken with these indicators doesn’t survive. They’re as follows:
- Intense thirst in a affected person affected by a painful and absolutely manifested (onerous tumor brought on by vitiated Vata) within the cardiac area will take away the life instantly.
- Motion of the vitiated Vata everywhere in the physique after producing laxity within the calf muscle tissue and irregularity within the construction of the nostril will trigger instant demise.
- Improvement of hiccup in a affected person who has dropping of the eyebrows and extreme burning sensation within the physique will take away his life virtually instantly.
- Distension of nape of the neck on either side (carotid areas of the neck) by the aggravated Vata shifting upwards in a affected person having diminution of blood and flesh will trigger instant demise of the affected person.
- Affliction of the groins of a weak / emaciated affected person by the sudden aggravation of vata between the anus and the umbilicus; will trigger instant demise.[3-8]
Learn – Unhealthy Prognosis Of Illnesses Primarily based On Desires and Shadows
- Stretching of the guidelines of ribs by the aggravated Vayu afflicting the chest of a affected person whose eyes are dilated and who feels Staimitya (as if coated with a moist material) will die instantly.
- Seizure (affliction) of each coronary heart and anus by strongly aggravated Vayu in a affected person who’s exceedingly weak will trigger demise instantaneously.
- Dyspnea brought on by the strongly aggravated Vayu after having stricken (seized) each the groin areas and the anus will trigger instant demise of the affected person.
- Manufacturing of cutting-pain by Vayu on account of the affliction of umbilicus, urine, Bastishira (kidneys) and faeces will trigger instantaneous demise.
- A affected person whose total physique has been pervaded by aggravated vata, if extreme blasting type of ache manifests in each the groins and if the individual additionally has diarrhea and thirst he’ll die instantly.
- Incidence of diarrhea and thirst in a affected person whose total physique is pervaded by aggravated Vata will die quickly.
- Incidence of diarrhoea and thirst in a affected person whose physique is swollen due to Shotharoga of Vatika kind will die virtually instantly. [9-15]
Learn – Shotha: Causes, Sorts, Therapy, Medicines
- Diarrhoea and thirst occurring in a affected person affected by tearing (cramp like) ache originating from abdomen and intestines will kill the affected person instantly.
- Thirst and acute spasm within the anal area occurring in a affected person affected by reducing / tearing kind of ache (cramp like) originating from colon virtually kills the affected person instantly.
- If in a affected person the aggravated vata getting localized within the colon causes unconsciousness and likewise produces gurgling sounds within the throat, it causes instant demise of the affected person.
- Look of tooth as if adhered with mud, face as if coated with ashes and extreme perspiration everywhere in the physique as if the physique is sprinkled with water of sipra river and the physique can be chilly on account of sweating, the affected person will die instantly.
- If diarrhea, thirst, dyspnea, headache, unconsciousness, debility and groaning sound from the throat happen concurrently in a affected person he’s certain to die instantly. [16-20]
Learn – Unhealthy Prognosis Primarily based On Odor, Contact, Style, Color And Voice
To sum up: The doctor who completely comprehends these indicators can very effectively anticipate the survival or demise of the affected person. 
Thus ends the tenth chapter on the “indicators Indicative of Impending Sudden Loss of life” of the Indriya Part of Agnivesha’s work as redacted by Charaka.