In case you have some leftover cranberry sauce right now, attempt these cranberry sauce smoothies made with oats, yogurt, milk, and a dollop of leftover whipped cream!
I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving! We spent the day with each units of fogeys, and the children had a lot enjoyable. I’m sharing this recipe right now as a result of it’s the excellent Thanksgiving weekend breakfast or snack!
Selfmade cranberry sauce is one of the best!
Cranberry sauce is my favourite dish on the vacation desk due to the mix of candy and tart. I additionally assume it goes properly with all the things (obvi I like my meals to combine a bit!)
After I discovered to make cranberry sauce from entire berries one in all my first Thanksgivings after graduating from faculty, I began to adore it a complete (berry) lot extra.
I like so as to add some bourbon throughout cooking, and boy-oh-boy this is likely to be my favourite model of all! Sadly cranberry sauce is kind of polarizing, and never everybody loves it as a lot as I do. So in contrast to the candy potatoes and pumpkin pie, you would possibly end up with some leftovers.
Well being Advantages of Cranberries
For those who’re a cranberry lover like me, you may maintain frozen cranberries in your freezer and make some sauce everytime you please! You need to as a result of they’re superb for you:
- Cranberries are filled with antioxidants
- Current research have recognized over two dozen antioxidant phytonutrients in cranberries
- The phytonutrients in cranberries even have anti-inflammatory properties
- Cranberries may additionally assist with UTIs, though the analysis is a bit inconclusive
- Cranberries include vitamin C, manganese, and fiber for 46 energy per cup
What Can You Do With Leftover Cranberry Sauce?
- Dollop it into Greek yogurt for a excessive protein breakfast or snack
- Stir it into sizzling creamy oatmeal
- Get pleasure from in a bowl with graham crackers as a “crust”
- Make cranberry sauce smoothies!!
Cranberry Sauce Smoothies
I like to make these fast and simple cranberry smoothies on Black Friday morning, and they’re scrumptious!
Inside you’ll discover a mix of cranberry sauce, oats, yogurt, and milk plus ice and a dollop of leftover whipped cream. Oats for entire grains and Greek yogurt for protein!
My cranberry sauce could also be laced with a tiny little bit of bourbon, however a bit bourbon taste for breakfast by no means damage anybody 😉 It was very refined and the alcohol had cooked out anyhow.
Make these dairy free by utilizing almond or soy milk, gluten free with GF oats, and add some plant-based coconut whip when you like!
Cranberry Sauce Smoothies
These fast and simple cranberry sauce smoothies are a good way to make use of up any leftover cranberry sauce you’ve. Along with a heaping cup of cranberry sauce, mix in oats for entire grains and Greek yogurt for protein.
- 1 cup cow’s milk or almond milk
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt I like to recommend plain, vanilla or lemon taste!
- 1 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 1 handful ice
- 1 dollop whipped cream non-obligatory
Mix all the things collectively.
Divide between two glasses.
Dollop with leftover whipped cream, if you want!
Different Recipes With Cranberry Sauce
Liz takes the sting off the crans by mixing the sauce with different combined berries. Possibly a bit extra child pleasant!
A tropical twist!
The feel of this one is like an acai bowl!
This recipe makes use of recent frozen cranberries with a contact of sugar or maple syrup
I like the addition of orange, almonds, and cranberry juice
Two layers! I like the flavors.
Extra posts from Kath: