This wholesome, scrumptious, vegan, gluten-free recipe for Edamame Masala with Brown Rice could be ready in simply over half-hour based mostly on many shelf-stable, nutritious substances.
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice (akin to basmati rice or medium grain brown rice), raw
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small (or 1/2 massive) inexperienced chili, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon grated contemporary ginger
- 4 cloves minced contemporary garlic
- 1 tablespoons floor cumin
- 2 teaspoons floor coriander
- ½ teaspoon floor mustard
- 1 teaspoon floor turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (non-obligatory)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 14-ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped contemporary cilantro (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 (12-ounce) package deal frozen shelled edamame
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Cook dinner brown rice in water, in keeping with package deal instructions, till tender.
- In the meantime, warmth oil in a massive skillet and add onion, chilies, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, mustard, turmeric, salt (if utilizing), and black pepper, sautéing for 9 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add canned tomatoes and tomato sauce, and mash any massive chunks with a wood spoon to interrupt aside.
- Add cilantro and edamame, stirring effectively to mix.
- Cowl with a lid and cook dinner for about 20 minutes, till greens are tender and combination is thickened.
- Add garam masala and lemon juice, mixing effectively.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
InstantPot Instructions: For steps 2-6, add all substances in these steps to the On the spot Pot and push the “Bean/Chili” setting. Serve with cooked brown rice. Be aware: You need to use the rack and cook dinner the rice in a separate container above the edamame masala.
Sluggish cooker Instructions: For steps 2-6, add all substances in these steps to the Sluggish cooker. Cook dinner in keeping with producer’s instructions. Serve with cooked brown rice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 35 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American, Indian
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 331
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 181 mg
- Fats: 8 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 58 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 12 g
Key phrases: vegan entree, vegan edamame recipe, masala recipe