Get the style of the vacation season with this simple meal prep gingerbread in a single day oats recipe. Easy and wholesome components blended collectively in a jar and prepared for breakfast the subsequent morning!
Despite the fact that the vast majority of my life I’ve lived by means of endless winters within the north, it wasn’t till final winter that I totally embraced the season. I cherished cozying up by the fireplace in large sweaters, taking the canine to frolic within the snow and creating seasonal recipes with components which can be simply made for winter… like gingerbread!These in a single day oats are nice for a comforting breakfast or snack that may be prepped upfront.
Right here’s What You Want
- Rolled oats – be sure you seize gluten-free oats if wanted.
- Chia seeds – provides protein and fiber to this breakfast but in addition helps the combination thicken.
- Blackstrap molasses – key for making that gingerbread taste we all know and love! In case you don’t have molasses available, you may also use maple syrup or honey however the style will probably be a bit completely different.
- Vanilla extract – a taste enhancer.
- Maple Syrup– provides creaminess and sweetness to this breakfast.
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk – any dairy-free milk works however I like utilizing unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Spices – a mixture of floor ginger, cinnamon, floor cloves is what makes these in a single day oats “gingerbread” flavored!
The best way to Make Gingerbread In a single day Oats
STEP 1: Combine collectively the dry components in a glass jar or container. Shake or stir to mix.
STEP 2: Add the molasses, vanilla extract, banana and almond milk. Give the combination one other good shake to combine or stir.
STEP 3: Place within the fridge in a single day or for a minimum of 6 hours. Add extra milk to skinny out if wanted and prime with a most popular mix-ins.
The best way to Serve In a single day Oats
You’ll be able to get pleasure from this breakfast as is, proper out of the fridge! In case you don’t need your oats to be as thick, you’ll be able to add a splash of almond milk within the morning. I prefer to prime these oats with a dollop of peanut butter however you can additionally add some chopped nuts, extra sliced bananas and even berries. Select your individual journey!
The best way to Meal Prep a Bigger Batch
In case you’re like me, fast and simple breakfasts are the secret currently. I like to combine all the dry components in glass jars in order that they’re prepared for the moist components. The evening earlier than you wish to indulge, merely add the moist components and refrigerate in a single day!
Alternatively you’ll be able to simply double or triple the recipe so you might have a couple of days value of breakfasts within the fridge already. I wouldn’t advocate prepping too far upfront as something over 3 days will make the gingerbread in a single day oats fairly mushy however completely your desire!