Here’s a traditional put up from my outdated Wheat Stomach Weblog. I re-post it right here as a result of, regardless of all my ranting and raving over this situation, many individuals proceed to consider that gluten-free processed meals are one way or the other wholesome.
Eat extra sugar!
You seemingly don’t agree that we should always eat extra sugar. Neither do I.
Then why is the gluten-free business selling meals which can be worse than desk sugar? Gluten-free meals are made with:
- Rice starch (or brown rice starch)
- Tapioca starch
- Potato starch
rather than wheat and gluten. Individuals go gluten-free due to some actual or perceived sensitivity to gluten, and so they exchange wheat and gluten with gluten-free meals. Large mistake. Go to the net retailers promoting these merchandise, for occasion, and skim the glowing opinions commenting on their baking traits, style, or closeness to mimicking wheat merchandise. These individuals are oblivious to the harmful well being results of those merchandise. The one product proven above, for instance, yields 112 web carbs per cup, the equal of 37 teaspoons of sugar.
Gluten-free processed meals made with these elements:
—Ship blood sugar sky-high. From a blood sugar standpoint, wheat is unhealthy. Few meals are worse for blood sugar than wheat–-except for gluten-free meals made with these junk carbohydrate elements.
—Trigger insulin resistance–the elemental course of that results in sort 2 diabetes, coronary illness, weight problems, and danger for dementia.
—Develop stomach visceral fats–-the infected fats, expressed on the floor as a “muffin high,” that causes hypertension, diabetes, coronary heart illness, and most cancers.
—Set off excessive triglycerides–-which thereby results in formation of small LDL particles that trigger coronary heart assault
—Set off the phenomena of glycation, i.e., glucose modification of proteins, that results in cataracts, knee and hip arthritis, hypertension, and coronary heart illness.
I’ve mentioned this earlier than, however I’ll say it once more: Standard gluten-free meals are an enormous mistake. NOBODY SHOULD EAT GLUTEN-FREE PROCESSED FOODS, not less than as they’re at the moment conceived. You shouldn’t eat gluten-free processed meals in case you have celiac illness. You shouldn’t eat gluten-free processed meals in case you have gluten-sensitivity. You shouldn’t eat gluten-free processed meals in case you are attempting to be wheat-free.
This causes confusion amongst many individuals. Individuals with celiac illness and gluten-sensitivity must keep away from wheat and gluten sources (e.g., barley, rye, triticale, bulgur, oats), in fact, however ought to not eat gluten-free junk carbohydrates.
What’s the purpose of avoiding wheat in the event you don’t have celiac illness or gluten-sensitivity? Many causes:
1) You keep away from the gliadin protein of wheat, the protein in wheat that, on account of incomplete digestion, yields peptides that act as opioids on the opioid receptors of the mind, stimulating urge for food and rising calorie consumption by 440 energy per day. (Get rid of gliadin and calorie consumption drops by 440 energy per day.)
2) You keep away from the lectin in wheat, wheat germ agglutinin, that’s instantly poisonous to the intestinal tract and causes irregular intestinal permeability that Malicious program’s international substances into the bloodstream, inflicting a number of inflammatory ailments.
3) You keep away from the amylopectin A of wheat, the “complicated carbohydrate” that accounts for the truth that two slices of entire grain bread will increase blood sugar increased than 6 teaspoons of desk sugar.
4) You keep away from the alpha amylase inhibitors that set off wheat allergy, seemingly the set off for the increase in wheat allergy amongst youngsters.
There’s extra, however you get the thought. Wheat is a wonderfully crafted poison to people. Wheat is such an efficient destroyer of human well being that you just’d assume that, if terrorists wished to convey America down, they wouldn’t fly airplanes into buildings. They might simply feed us turkey sandwiches on multigrain bread.