These vegan Golden Beet Veggie Balls are crammed with the vitamin and flavors of golden beet roots, cannelloni beans, mushrooms, hazelnuts and herbs—they’re glorious served as an entree or appetizer with this Almond Sage Cranberry Crema.
- 1 bunch contemporary golden beets (about 5)
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed drained (about 1 ¾ cups)
- 2 inexperienced onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup contemporary chopped parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup floor flax seeds
- ½ cup entire wheat breadcrumbs (could use gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
Almond Sage Cranberry Crema
- 1 cup peeled, slivered almonds
- 4–6 tablespoons plain, unsweetened plant milk (i.e. soy, almond)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- ½ teaspoon floor sage
- Sea salt (to style, optionally available)
- 1 tablespoon contemporary, chopped sage leaves
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
To make Veggie Balls:
- Trim beets and scrub exterior floor, leaving peels on. Shred beets with meals processor or field grater.
- Place beans in a big mixing bowl and mash barely with a potato masher to attain a thick combination with some lumps.
- Add beets, onions, garlic, mushrooms, parsley, hazelnuts, flax seeds, breadcrumbs, sage, tarragon, thyme, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Toss collectively effectively.
- Combine in soy sauce, tahini, and lemon juice—utilizing arms to mix combination effectively.
- Cowl and refrigerate for 1 hour (or in a single day).
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Type 24 golf ball-sized balls out of the combination and place evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake veggie balls in prime rack of oven for about 40 – 45 minutes, till golden brown.
- Serve with Almond Sage Cranberry Crema.
- Makes 8 servings (3 veggie balls every)
To Make Almond Sage Cranberry Crema
- Soak almonds in water for two hours (or in a single day).
- Drain water and place soaked almonds within the container of a blender or meals processor.
- Add 4 tablespoons plant milk, lemon juice, garlic, black pepper, and floor sage and course of to make a thick, creamy dip. If too thick, could add 1-2 tablespoons plant milk as wanted to create desired texture.
- Switch crema to a dish and stir in contemporary sage, cranberries, and salt if desired. Might garnish with extra freshly floor black pepper and contemporary sage. Makes 8 servings (about 2 ½ tablespoons every)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus one hour for chilling)
- Prepare dinner Time: 40 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 312
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 236 mg
- Fats: 16 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 13 g
Key phrases: vegan veggie balls, veggie balls, vegan entree