This Gradual Cooker Turkey Sausage & Bell Peppers Recipe is a straightforward, wholesome dinner with kielbasa and many bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
That is a kind of dump meals that’s so quick and straightforward to organize. Chopping the veggies is the toughest half, then your work is basically achieved.
This can be a nice selection for a wholesome dinner so as to add to your meal plan, packed filled with veggies to load you up on vitamins (you eat numerous colours of the rainbow with this recipe!).
It additionally makes a terrific freezer meal, too! You are able to do all the prep forward of time, freeze it in a gallon ziplock bag, then simply dump it in your crockpot the day you wish to eat it and let the sluggish cooker work its magic!
How To Make Gradual Cooker Turkey Sausage & Bell Peppers
I like to make use of Hillshire Farms Naturals turkey kielbasa for this recipe as a result of I like that it doesn’t use nitrates, however any cooked turkey or rooster sausage will work!
Chop your whole veggies and sausage and dump it into your sluggish cooker.
As I discussed, that’s the toughest half! You may even purchase pre-chopped onions and peppers in your produce part if you wish to splurge.
I take advantage of my 7-quart Frigidaire Skilled sluggish cooker for this recipe, however any 7-quart sluggish cooker will work!
Now, pour within the diced tomatoes (I like the added taste the fire-roasted selection provides, however you might be welcome to make use of plain or Italian seasoned diced tomatoes as a substitute!)…
and all the seasonings…
and stir all of it up!
That’s it for the prep.
And it’s all able to prepare dinner! You may select to prepare dinner it on excessive for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
All sluggish cookers prepare dinner a bit in a different way so simply maintain a little bit of an eye fixed on it to see if it wants and roughly time.
And, whenever you carry the lid, you should have a beautiful crock filled with scrumptious veggies and protein!
You’ll discover there’s a little bit of liquid in there, which makes a scrumptious sauce whenever you combine in complete grain pasta, brown rice, or quinoa.
I selected to combine in some leftover pasta and there was simply sufficient sauce to coat the pasta completely.
That’s all there may be to it! This makes a terrific dump meal, a wholesome dinner for these particularly busy weeknights, and I’ve used it usually in our weekly meal prep.
What Do I Serve With Sausage & Peppers?
That is mainly a one-pot meal, so that you don’t essentially want the rest with it, however you may serve it with:
- whole-grain pasta
- brown rice
- complete wheat bread (as a aspect or you possibly can use complete wheat hoagies to make sausage & pepper sandwiches!)
Trying For Extra Wholesome One-Pot Dinner Concepts?
- 12oz turkey kielbasa, minimize in bite-sized items
- 2 inexperienced bell peppers, seeded and minimize into 1” chunks
- 2 pink peppers, seeded and minimize into 1” chunks
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded and minimize into 1” chunks
- 1 giant yellow onion, minimize into chunks
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 28oz hearth roasted diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper, to style
- Non-obligatory 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- For serving: brown rice, complete wheat pasta, quinoa, and so forth
- Pour all substances aside from elective cheese into sluggish cooker and prepare dinner for 4-6 hours on excessive or 6-8 hours on low.
- Stir, strive a chunk, and add salt and pepper, to style.
- If desired, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and change lid for about 5 minutes, or till cheese is melted.
- Serve over complete wheat pasta, brown rice, or quinoa.
**The dietary data doesn’t embrace pasta, rice, or quinoa.
Serving Dimension: 1/6
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 174Complete Fats: 7gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 0gLdl cholesterol: 40mgSodium: 686mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 12g
Pin This Recipe For Later!