- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless hen thighs (~6 thighs)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon floor pepper
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon complete grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon contemporary lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- ¼ medium white onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons contemporary chives minced
Take away the hen from the packaging and pat the hen thighs with a paper towel to take away any extra moisture.
Season the hen thighs with salt and pepper and put aside.
Put together the hen marinade by including the apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, complete grain mustard, lemon juice, soy sauce, and honey to a bowl and whisk to mix. Drizzle the olive oil into the bowl whereas whisking till properly mixed. Add the garlic, white onion, and chives to the marinade and blend.
Set round 1/4 cup of marinade apart for glazing later. Then, place the hen in a gallon sized bag or a deep dish and pour the marinade over the hen thighs. Flip the hen thighs over within the marinade so the hen thighs are coated within the marinade.
Let the hen sit within the marinade for at the least half-hour or as much as 2 hours.
Take away the hen thighs from the fridge and allow them to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Cook dinner utilizing the strategy of your alternative.
Let the hen relaxation for 10 minutes in order that the inner temperature can rise to 165ºF earlier than reducing into it.
Suggestions & Notes
- We choose to make use of boneless hen thighs on this marinade recipe, however you should utilize bone-in thighs for those who’d like.
- We stored any onion that caught to the hen thighs on the thigh and it added a ton of taste and texture.
- Baking directions: switch the hen thighs and the marinade into an oven-safe dish. Bake at 400ºF for round 18-20 minutes or till the inner temperature reaches 160ºF – 165ºF.
- Grilling directions: preheat the grill to 400ºF and punctiliously rub your grill grates with oil. Grill hen thighs for 4-5 minutes over direct warmth on all sides or till the inner temperature of the hen reaches 160ºF. About 1 minute earlier than you are taking the thighs off the grill, brush them with the marinade you put aside. This can add a lot taste.
Energy: 313kcal Carbohydrates: 25g Protein: 23g Fats: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 24g