Stuffed with veggies—inexperienced beans, mushrooms, onions—protein-rich tempeh, and a creamy sauce, these savory vegan mini pots of stew are topped with whipped potatoes and browned within the oven.
Mashed Potato Topping:
- 5 medium (5 ounces every) potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/3 – ¾ cup plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened
- Salt and pepper, as desired (non-compulsory)
Inexperienced Bean Mushroom Filling:
- To make Mashed Potatoes: Fill a medium pot with water, carry it to a boil, and add potatoes. Cowl, and cook dinner over medium warmth for about 25 minutes, till potatoes are tender however nonetheless retain their form. Drain, and add vegan margarine and mash potatoes with a potato masher, including simply sufficient plant-based milk to make a creamy texture. Be sure that to create a texture skinny sufficient to easy over the floor of the pot pies. Season as desired with salt and pepper. Put aside. (Makes about 3 ½ cups)
- Whereas potatoes are cooking, put together the Inexperienced Bean Mushroom Filling.
- Warmth olive oil in a big sauté pan.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, and inexperienced beans, and sauté over medium warmth for five minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add mushrooms, tempeh, poultry seasoning, celery salt, dried mustard, black pepper, parsley flakes, and sea salt (non-compulsory). Sauté for an extra 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- In a small bowl, combine collectively broth, plant-based milk, soy sauce, and flour.
- Add to sauté pan and stir nicely. Simmer, lined, stirring continuously, for an extra 5 minutes, till greens are simply crisp tender. (Makes about 6 cups).
- Whereas greens are simmering, preheat oven to 400 F.
- Divide vegetable stew amongst 4 oven-proof soup or mini-casserole dishes (about 1 ½ cups per bowl). Prime every dish with one-fourth of the mashed potatoes (about 3/4 cup every), smoothing over floor of stew. Alternatively, it’s possible you’ll place all the stew into one 2-quart baking dish, and high with all the mashed potatoes.
- Place the dishes on the highest rack of the oven and warmth for about 15-20 minutes, till combination is golden on high.
- Take away, garnish with chopped chives, and serve instantly.
- Makes 4 servings
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free tempeh and substitute corn starch for flour.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 40 minutes
- Class: Dinner
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 485
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 731 mg
- Fats: 15 g
- Saturated Fats: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 76 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 20 g
Key phrases: vegan consolation meals, consolation meals, shepherd pie