As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases from

MWC Barcelona: A behind the scenes take a look at the numbers

You might need seen my final publish and all the good issues we (Cisco) had occurring at MWC Barcelona. In case you didn’t, right here’s the hyperlink.

For these not acquainted with MWC Barcelona, it’s the world’s largest wi-fi present held at one in all Europe’s largest venues, the Fira de Barcelona Gran By way of Venue in Spain.

As talked about in my earlier publish, the MWC Barcelona community is constructed on Cisco wired and wi-fi options. For the occasion, the crew utilized the AI/ML engine in Cisco DNA Heart to optimize connectivity, energy consumption, and information throughput. As well as, Cisco DNA Areas was used for location analytics and environmental information as a part of the present’s well being and security plan. Lastly, WBA OpenRoaming helped friends and distributors seamlessly and securely connect with the wi-fi community, robotically authenticating them by way of various identification suppliers.

Now that is all nice however let’s take a look at among the numbers and outcomes:

Scale and scope

MWC Barcelona noticed 61,000+ attendees this 12 months! Reside occasions are again in full pressure!

Cisco Catalyst Wi-Fi and switching supplied connectivity throughout the present

  • 100K+ OpenRoaming authentications, 38K peak per day
  • 80% of OpenRoaming identities have been from service suppliers. The remaining 20% got here from different identities together with Samsung Galaxy and Google Pixel units which natively authenticate to OpenRoaming networks
  • Cisco DNA Areas supplied location and environmental information that was used as a part of the present’s well being and security program. With this 12 months’s success, Fira will begin exploring next-generation functions corresponding to location-based companies and push notifications for distributors
  • Cisco Wi-Fi 6E on the sales space, supplied 1+ gig connectivity, up and down. Demonstrated utilizing Samsung Galaxy units
  • Cisco Catalyst 9000 POE switches supplied gigabit information speeds and 90 watts of energy per port to networked units throughout the present

Subsequent Era connectivity

  • AI Enhanced RRM utterly eradicated co-channel interference, 100%. Even on 2.4 GHz channels.
  • DNA Heart Wi-fi 3D Analyzer enabled IT to uniquely visualize Wi-Fi gaps and proactively deal with them to supply constant experiences
  • Gadget analytics supplied connection particulars from varied units to assist troubleshooting and supply higher experiences.
  • Umbrella Safety protected the community and endpoints from potential threats

Demo’s within the Cisco NOC

  • Cisco Catalyst and Meraki Entry Factors with the ConvergeX Extremely Vast Band location monitoring resolution, demonstrated the power to concurrently observe 1000’s of units utilizing Samsung Galaxy telephones and ConvergeX tags.
  • SLA-based Wi-Fi with Intel showcased the power to drive a brand new breed of low-latency functions for industrial, healthcare, and manufacturing use instances

Find out how Cisco Wi-Fi can drive your community

Extra Sources

See how DNA Areas may help along with your well being and security plans

Try Cisco Catalyst switches

Find out how Cisco DNA Heart simplifies the working of your community


We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

Enable registration in settings - general
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Shopping cart