A enjoyable spin on a basic THM recipe, these tahini vitality balls require zero cooking, are packed filled with protein and gives you vitality all day! They arrive collectively in 10 minutes and are simply moveable for a snack on-the-go.
Do you know that the preferred recipe on THM are my no-bake oatmeal protein vitality balls? For good motive too! They’re scrumptious, nutritious and SO straightforward to make. That’s sort of my jam. I really like something that packs a punch and could be made in minutes. No slaving away within the kitchen for hours!
Nonetheless, in the previous few months I’ve heard from a few of you that you just needed to see a nut-free model of that recipe. Which in fact made my thoughts instantly go to one in every of my favourite meals: tahini. In the event you’re an avid THM weblog reader, you’ll know I’m obsessive about tahini. Any likelihood I get to share a recipe with tahini, I’m down. I’ve shared a Tahini Date and Cinnamon Smoothie, Tahini Butter Cups with Honey Candied Cereal, and Chocolate Chip Tahini Bars… amongst many others!
Tahini is such a nutritious and versatile substances in terms of recipes. I can’t assist myself! It’s the good addition to those protein balls. It provides a touch of savory to the in any other case candy substances.
Tahini is a paste or “butter” made out of floor sesame seeds. Significantly, that’s it! I’ve by no means tried to make my very own as a result of you could find it in most main grocery shops by the opposite nut and seed butters. It’s a nice nut butter substitute for anybody with a nut allergy or for kiddos in a nut free faculty. To not point out, it’s additionally tremendous excessive in protein so make an excellent addition to those vitality balls.
Plus tahini + honey jogs my memory of sesame snaps which had been one in every of my favourite candy treats rising up!
Elements in Tahini Power Balls
- rolled oats – the bottom of those vitality balls.
- tahini – you’ll discover this by the opposite nut butters within the grocery retailer.
- honey – a pure sweetener to make these snacks additional addicting 😉
- milk of alternative – I sometimes use oat milk or almond milk however any milk works!
- chia seeds – helps bind the balls collectively and provides wholesome fat and fiber.
- vanilla extract – a scrumptious taste enhancer.
- cinnamon – the proper spice pairing.
- salt – to carry all the flavors collectively.
- chocolate – I like chopping up a darkish chocolate bar however utilizing chocolate chips may also work.
- protein powder or coconut flour – each protein powder and coconut flour work nice in these balls! Protein powder will add a bit of bit extra protein however each are nice choices. My favourite manufacturers of protein powder are: Backyard of Life Uncooked Natural Protein (in Vanilla) and Vega Sport Protein Powder (in Vanilla).
Customise this recipe!
I’m all about that customization and serving to you guys to make my recipes your personal.
- Not a fan of tahini? You possibly can sub any seed or nut butter!
- Chocolate ain’t your factor? Combine in some chopped raisins or different dried fruit.
- Desire a double-dose of chocolate? Sub in chocolate protein powder! This recipe works with each whey and plant-based protein powder although it’s possible you’ll want to regulate the quantity of non-dairy milk relying on which model you utilize.
There’s solely two belongings you can not sub on this recipe: oats and honey. Oats are the bottom of the recipe so I wouldn’t advocate subbing with every other grain. Honey is the first binder and we haven’t discovered different sweeteners to work as properly. We’ve tried them with maple syrup they usually simply didn’t stick as properly so proceed with warning.
How you can Make Tahini Chocolate Protein Power Balls
STEP 1: Combine collectively the tahini, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and protein powder or coconut flour in a bowl, stirring to mix.
STEP 2: Add within the chia seeds, oats and chocolate. Stir to mix.
STEP 3: Pour within the milk 1 tablespoon at a time till the combination comes collectively right into a sticky ball. I’ve discovered that I often want ~2 tablespoons when utilizing coconut flour and nearer to 4 tablespoons when utilizing protein powder.
STEP 4: Roll the combination into balls along with your fingers.
How you can Retailer Protein Balls
Retailer your protein balls in an hermetic container within the fridge for 1-2 weeks. You can too freeze for longer storage.
Tahini Chocolate Protein Power Balls
A enjoyable spin on a basic THM recipe, these tahini vitality balls require zero cooking, are packed filled with protein and gives you vitality all day!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1–2 tbsp milk of alternative
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup or 1/2 chocolate bar, chopped
- 1/2 cup impartial or vanilla flavored protein powder
*OR 2 tbsp coconut flour in case you don’t have protein powder
- In a bowl, combine collectively the tahini, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and both the protein powder or coconut flour and stir to mix.
- Add within the chia seeds, oats and chocolate and blend.
- Pour in your milk of alternative 1 tablespoon at a time till all the things comes collectively right into a sticky ball. In case you are utilizing coconut flour it’s possible you’ll solely want 2 tablespoons or nearer to 4 if utilizing protein powder.
- Roll the combination into balls and retailer within the fridge.
Be aware: in case you use protein powder it’s possible you’ll want kind of honey relying on how candy it’s.
Like this recipe? Listed here are different vitality ball recipes:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be part of 20,000+ members of the THM Group to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome way of life ideas and behind-the-scenes information from our crew!