This creamy & scrumptious On the spot Pot Lentil Curry recipe is a simple wholesome dinner filled with zucchini, inexperienced lentils, & potatoes – nice for meatless Mondays!
Whats up, taste!
It really is wonderful the distinction the correct spices could make in a dish.
Easy potatoes and lentils are remodeled right into a scrumptious myriad of textures and flavors with the greens and spices on this On the spot Pot lentil curry.
And it’s extremely straightforward to make!
How To Make On the spot Pot Lentil Curry
I exploit my 6-quart On the spot Pot DUO for this recipe (my favourite!).
Begin by including rooster broth and diced onion into your On the spot Pot.
Add in your inexperienced lentils.
Then your spices.
Now, I’m pretty delicate in relation to spice (I’m an only-mild-salsa sort of gal) and this dish isn’t spicy to me, so long as I persist with the decrease finish of thee cayenne pepper.
However in case you are apprehensive in regards to the spice, you possibly can all the time begin low and add extra for those who’d like!
And now add your potatoes, coconut milk, and tomatoes.
Set your pot to “Handbook” or “Strain Cook dinner” and set your timer to fifteen minutes (and, in fact, be certain the valve in your lid is ready to sealing!).
When the cooking time is full, enable your pot to naturally launch the stress for 10 minutes (that principally simply means, don’t contact it throughout that point!), then open the valve to launch any remaining stress.
I often chop up the zucchini for the subsequent step throughout these 10 minutes.
Now, stir in your chopped zucchini and put the lid again on for it to heat by means of.
The extra finely you chop your zucchini, the shorter time you will have for it to heat by means of.
Now, you might be welcome so as to add your zucchini to prepare dinner with the remainder of the dish, however it is going to get fairly mushy. I want my zucchini to have a little bit of crunch left in it, which is why I add it on the finish right here.
Do what your loved ones prefers, although!
As soon as your zucchini is warmed/cooked to your liking, your dish is able to serve!
What To Serve With Curry
This dish is supposed to be a one-pot meal so you actually don’t have to serve something with it, however naan or pita chips go nice with this dish!
You possibly can additionally select to pair it with one thing like grilled rooster or roasted salmon for those who didn’t need to have a completely meatless meal.
Wanting For Different Wholesome One-Pot Recipes?
- 1 cup rooster (or vegetable) broth
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups inexperienced lentils
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp floor ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne (relying on how spicy you favor)
- 4 cups Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 (13.5oz) can coconut milk
- 1 can (14.5oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 6 cups diced zucchini (~2 giant)
- Pour all components EXCEPT for zucchini into your On the spot Pot within the order listed. Do not stir.
- Put the lid On the spot Pot in your On the spot Pot, ensuring the valve is ready to “Sealing”.
- Cook dinner on handbook (excessive) stress for quarter-hour. Keep in mind, it is going to take time on your pot to return to stress earlier than the timer will start counting down.
- When the cooking time is totally, enable the stress to naturally launch for 10 minutes. Open the valve to launch any remaining stress.
- Stir within the diced zucchini, then exchange the lid for about quarter-hour, or till zucchini is your required texture.
Serving Dimension: 1/6 (~1 3/4 cup)
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 368Complete Fats: 12gSaturated Fats: 8gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 0gLdl cholesterol: 2mgSodium: 539mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 17gSugar: 12gProtein: 17g
This data is simply an estimate and might not be 100% correct. All the time double-check the dietary data utilizing your particular merchandise and components.
Pin This Recipe For Later!