Inside: Get a recipe for a filling, naturally candy peanut butter protein shake that’s filled with wholesome components and vitamins like calcium.
Want you and your youngsters had a filling, protein-rich drink for the morning–that didn’t require protein powder?
I did too. So I blended collectively this Peanut Butter Protein Shake that makes use of just some primary components and delivers 17 grams of protein per glass.
That’s virtually as a lot protein as three eggs!
This shake additionally entails a intelligent hack to make it naturally candy.
Elements You Want
- Banana: I hold a bag of frozen, peeled bananas in my freezer on a regular basis
- Milk: Use your milk of alternative, both dairy or non-dairy milk comparable to soy milk
- Powdered Peanut Butter: It’s also possible to use 1-2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, both pure peanut butter or common peanut butter
- Date: If yours aren’t pitted, take away the pit first
- Cinnamon: You’ll simply want a splash for a taste increase
A Candy Smoothie Hack
One among my favourite methods to naturally sweeten a smoothie is with dates. They supply plenty of pure sweetness, no added sugar wanted. However they are often robust to pulverize utterly within the blender.
I acquired this nice tip from a reader: Soak them in a small, lined dish of milk in a single day. They’ll mix up a lot extra simply. You’ll be able to hold a number of in milk (in an hermetic container) in your fridge for the week.
Methods to Make This Peanut Butter Protein Shake
Add all components to blender and course of till clean. (Remember to mix it lengthy sufficient for a clean, creamy texture–you don’t need any banana chunks or date chunks left!) For finest outcomes, drink straight away. If you must retailer it within the fridge for later, give it a shake or good stir earlier than serving.
Swaps & Substitutions You Can Make
- Swap the dates for two teaspoons maple syrup
- Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to make a chocolate peanut butter shake
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter rather than the powdered peanut butter
- Add a handful of contemporary child spinach
- Add a serving of collagen peptides, a scoop of plain greek yogurt, or perhaps a dollop of silken tofu for a thicker smoothie
- Substitute sunflower seed butter (SunButter), almond butter, cashew butter, or one other favourite nut or seed butter for the peanut powder
FAQs About This Peanut Butter Protein Shake
How a lot protein does this shake have?
This peanut butter protein smoothie comprises 17 grams of protein per serving.
What’s powdered peanut butter?
Peanut butter powder like PBfit is constructed from roasted peanuts which might be pressed to take away many of the fats after which floor right into a powder. Peanut butter powder can have slightly little bit of added sugar and salt. Pure peanut powder, just like the one under from Loopy Richard’s, has only one ingredient–pressed, floor peanuts. These powders are sometimes stocked proper alongside common peanut butter within the grocery retailer.
Is powdered peanut butter wholesome?
Sure! Peanut powder has had many of the fats eliminated, so the energy are decrease per ounce than peanuts or peanut butter. So whereas it doesn’t have all the advantages of these wholesome unsaturated fat, it does include increased concentrations of protein and fiber, plus the identical nutritional vitamins and minerals in peanuts and peanut butter, in response to the Nationwide Peanut Board.
Is that this peanut butter protein shake recipe vegan?
No. However you can also make it vegan by swapping the dairy milk for non-dairy, comparable to soy milk, oat milk, or almond milk.
What’s one of the best non-dairy milk to make use of?
If you happen to don’t need to (or can’t) drink common milk, I’m keen on soy milk as a result of it’s naturally wealthy in protein, with as a lot protein per glass as dairy milk. You need to use unsweetened almond milk, however take into account that it comprises little or no protein–simply 1 gram per serving. Ditto for many oat milk.
How a lot protein do youngsters want?
Under are the minimal beneficial quantity of protein for various ages. Keep in mind, these are simply minimums for well being. Most children get increased ranges than this, and that’s wonderful! See Right here’s How A lot Protein Your Little one Wants for age-by-age illustrations and 50 Meat-Free Protein Meals For Lunch Containers for concepts.
- Ages 1-2: 13 grams
- Ages 4-8: 19 grams
- Ages 9-13: 34 grams
- Ages 14-18 (women): 46 grams
- Ages 14-18 (boys): 52 grams
Is protein powder okay for teenagers?
Sure, however it will not be vital. Most children (and adults) get loads of protein every day. And protein powder will be costly and include plenty of extra components with questionable profit, like natural dietary supplements.
However protein powder is certainly a straightforward method to up protein consumption, particularly for choosy eaters. If you wish to add a scoop of protein powder to this smoothie rather than the peanut powder, you’ll be able to definitely try this.
Extra Protein-Wealthy Recipes
- 1 frozen banana (peeled and damaged in half)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder (comparable to PBfit)
- 1 date (take away the pit)
- 1 sprint cinnamon
- Put all components in blender and course of till clean.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Measurement: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 294Complete Fats: 7gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 21mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 31gProtein: 17g