This straightforward, beneath 30-minute, one-dish meal is full of the vitamin energy of beans, greens, and olives; it’s utterly plant-based (vegan), gluten-free, and price range pleasant too.
- 4 cups water
- 8 ounces raw bean penne pasta* (i.e., chickpea, lentil or bean)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium (4 ounce) onion, diced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano (or 1 tablespoon recent)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, drained, entire
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans** (i.e., cannelloni), rinsed, drained
- 1 8-ounce bunch recent greens (i.e., rainbow Swiss chard, mustard greens, spinach, collard greens) sliced coarsely
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Pinch of kosher salt, elective
- Fill a medium pot with the water, cowl, and produce to a boil over excessive warmth. Lower the warmth to medium, add the pasta, and prepare dinner for 7 minutes (or in line with package deal instructions), till al dente. Drain the pasta and return to the pot, coated, to maintain heat.
- Whereas the pasta is cooking, warmth the olive oil in a big skillet or saute pan over medium warmth. Add the onions, garlic, oregano, and black pepper and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the olives, tomatoes, and beans and saute for an extra 3 minutes.
- Add the greens, lemon juice, and cooked pasta, stirring gently. Cook dinner for about 4 minutes, simply till greens are wilted but nonetheless vibrant inexperienced. Season with salt, if desired.
- Serve instantly.
- Makes 6 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving)
*Many varieties of bean or pulse pastas can be found, or it’s possible you’ll substitute with entire grain (comprises gluten) or one other selection or form, reminiscent of fettuccine, rotini, or farfalle.
**You could substitute the beans with one other sort, reminiscent of chickpea, kidney, or an heirloom selection. You additionally might substitute beans cooked from scratch (1 ¾ cup cooked beans per 15-oz can of beans).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 11 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 266
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 325 mg
- Fats: 6 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 16 g
Key phrases: pasta, penne, white beans, italian