This Pink Bean and Okra Jambalaya is bursting with flavors of Cajun delicacies; serve it with a crusty entire wheat baguette for a hearty meal.
- 1 teaspoon additional virgin olive oil
- 1 giant onion, diced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon candy paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- Scorching sauce, elective
- 1 cup (200 g) raw short-grain brown rice
- 2 medium bell peppers (purple, orange, inexperienced, or yellow), diced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 cups (200 g) chopped recent or frozen okra
- One 14.5-ounce (411 g) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- One 15-ounce (425 g) can purple beans, no salt added, with liquid (or 1 ¾ cups cooked, with 2∕3 cup water)
- 2 cups (474 ml) diminished sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup (119 ml) water
- ¼ cup (15 g) chopped recent parsley
- Warmth the olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth.
- Add the onions and cook dinner for five minutes.
- Add the garlic, cayenne, paprika, cumin, chili powder, celery salt, sizzling sauce (if desired), and rice. Cook dinner for two minutes, stirring typically.
- Add the bell peppers, carrots, celery, and okra. Saute for a further 5 minutes, stirring incessantly.
- Add the tomatoes, purple beans, broth, and water. Stir properly. Convey to a boil, scale back the warmth to medium-low, cowl, and cook dinner for 1 hour and 10 to twenty minutes, till the rice is tender, stirring incessantly. Add further water as wanted to compensate for moisture misplaced to evaporation, however keep away from thinning the consistency an excessive amount of (it must be thick).
- Take away from the warmth and sprinkle with the parsley instantly earlier than serving.
- Prep Time: 18 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: Cajun
- Serving Dimension: 1 ½ cups
- Energy: 280
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 424 mg
- Fats: 3 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 0 mg
Key phrases: jambalaya, vegan jambalaya