Get your favourite Mexican-inspired flavored with this wholesome and simple Quinoa Taco Salad. This meal with encourage you to include extra plant-based meals into your life which can be filled with taste and good-for-you elements.
For so long as I can keep in mind, I’ve been a cookbook collector. Granted, I’m fairly certain all of the cookbooks I “owned” belonged to my mother till I moved away for faculty, but when we depend these, my assortment has at all times been fairly epic.
Each time a cookbook seems in my mailbox, I’m like a giddy schoolgirl who simply stocked up on a brand new spherical of highlighters. I used to be so excited to get Jessica Murnane’s cookbook, One Half Plant. Her mission is easy: Encourage individuals to start out consuming one plant-based meal a day. And her cookbook is lastly right here to assist make this mission even simpler for me and also you.
Jess was type sufficient to let me share a recipe so you will get a way of what I imply by approachable, plant-based cooking. This Quinoa Taco Salad got here collectively so rapidly and it’s a type of salads that simply will get higher every day because it sits and melds collectively. And as soon as the quinoa was cooked, it actually took 10 minutes to make.
Right here’s What You Want
- quinoa – prepare dinner the quinoa in response to bundle instructions and let cool to room temperature. This can be a nice recipe to make use of with leftover quinoa as properly!
- crimson onion – add a bit zest with minced crimson onion.
- cherry tomatoes – I really like the contemporary burst of taste cherry tomatoes add. Any sort of tomato will work right here!
- chopped cilantro – by no means doubt the facility of contemporary herbs!
- black beans – you possibly can prepare dinner your individual or use canned black beans for a shortcut. Should you’re utilizing canned, be sure you drain and rinse properly.
- seasonings and spices – chili powder, cumin and sea salt.
- avocado – add wholesome fat with diced avocado.
- lime juice – I like to recommend utilizing freshly squeezed lime juice versus store-bought.
- tortilla chips – optionally available however I really like including tortilla chips for crunch!
The best way to Make Quinoa Taco Salad
STEP 1: In a small bowl, combine collectively the cumin, chili powder and lime juice and put aside.
STEP 2: In a big bowl, mix the quinoa, onion, tomatoes, cilantro and black beans. Gently stir within the spiced lime juice, tossing to coat. Add salt to style.
STEP 3: Earlier than serving, high with diced avocado, scorching sauce and tortilla chips if utilizing.
The best way to Retailer Leftovers
This salad shops tremendous properly! Retailer any leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. I like to recommend squeezing a bit contemporary lime juice earlier than serving to revive the flavors.
Quinoa Taco Salad
- Cook dinner Time: 40 minutes
- Complete Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup contemporary lime juice
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa, room temp
- 1/2 small crimson onion, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed if canned
- sea salt, to style
- 1 avocado, diced
- Elective toppings: tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, and lime juice and put aside.
- In a big bowl, mix the quinoa, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and black beans.
- Gently stir within the spiced lime juice and toss to coat.
- Add a pinch of salt and extra lime juice if desired.
- Earlier than serving high the salad with avocado and scorching sauce after which a handful of tortilla chips within the bowl or crushed on high.
- Preserve for as much as 5 days within the fridge and add an additional squeeze of lime juice earlier than serving.
Extra vegan salad recipes to strive:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be part of 20,000+ members of the THM Group to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome way of life suggestions and behind-the-scenes information from our group!