These customizable Quinoa Veggie Bowls with Miso Sesame Dressing will grow to be a weeknight staple. With a quinoa and veggie base topped with a zesty and flavor-packed sunflower-based dressing this straightforward dinner or lunch recipe is a wholesome vegan choice for the entire household.
The true secret to a scrumptious recipe is within the sauce. That’s the trick to consuming effectively: pack all of it right into a bowl and cargo it with sauce. Bowl eaters – you already know what I’m speaking about! These Quinoa Veggie Bowls with Miso Sesame Dressing isn’t any exception.
Despite the fact that I’m utterly obsessive about the sauce used on my Buddha Bowl, I figured it was time to increase and check out one thing new. This miso sesame dressing is to-die-for. Fortunately this recipe makes a ton of sauce (greater than is required for the bowls) which I firmly consider is the promoting level of those Quinoa Veggie Bowls. Not solely trigger you take pleasure in it on the bowls, however you can too add it to salads and slaws and grains and absolutely anything underneath the solar. Belief me, I’ve examined this on every part.
Components in Miso Sesame Dressing
Like I mentioned, this dressing is the star of the present. Extremely suggest stocking up on these elements so you’ll be able to whip this up at any time when the craving hits!
- rice wine vinegar – can’t have dressing with out vinegar! Rice wine vinegar pairs completely with the flavors however should you’re in a pinch, white wine vinegar will work as effectively.
- sunflower butter – any nut or seed butter will work right here however I like the gentle taste of sunflower butter.
- coconut aminos – soy sauce or tamari works as effectively!
- maple syrup – the right pure sweetener to assist steadiness the flavors.
- sesame oil – has such a novel taste and provides rather a lot to the dressing!
- white miso paste – the sweetest and mildest miso in the marketplace. If wanted, you need to be capable to swap for yellow miso.
- ginger – I like to recommend utilizing freshly grated ginger for one of the best taste!
- fish sauce – omit if vegan.
- limes – make lime juice by squeezing recent limes for one of the best taste.
- cumin and chili flakes – can add kind of relying in your spice choice.
The best way to Make Quinoa Veggie Bowls
Truthfully, in case you have the dressing, you’ll be able to add no matter elements you need for the remainder of the bowl! Right here’s how you can make the right veggie bowl:
- Grain – I selected to have a base of quinoa however be at liberty to swap in your grain of alternative. Rice or farro could be scrumptious.
- Greens – Clearly in a veggie bowl you want veggies! I used candy potatoes, broccoli and carrots however there are infinite veggie combos.
- Herbs – I like including recent herbs to my bowls so as to add bonus vitamins and taste. I used cilantro however relying on the remainder of the flavors in your dish, rosemary and basil are two of my different favourite herbs.
- Sauce – Whether or not you make this wonderful miso sesame dressing or maintain it easy with olive oil, ensure you add sauce! I like any aioli or French dressing on my bowls.
Quinoa Veggie Bowls with Miso Sesame Dressing
For the Bowls:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 small-medium candy potato, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli or 2 bunches of broccolini (can use different veggies if most popular)
- 2 massive carrots, shredded or julienned
- for topping: radishes, inexperienced onions, cilantro
For the Miso Sesame Dressing*:
- 6 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp sunflower butter, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp fish sauce (omit if vegan)
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (or extra for spicier)
- 1/4–1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Chop the candy potatoes into cubes and place on a baking sheet with the chopped broccoli.
- Coat veggies in olive or avocado oil and sea salt and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Cook dinner your quinoa in line with the package deal directions.
- Whereas the greens are roasting and the quinoa is cooking, make the sauce.
- Place all of the elements collectively, aside from the water, in a blender and mix.
- Slowly add within the water till you attain your required consistency. Add extra water for a thinner sauce. The sauce will thicken within the fridge. Merely add a bit water and shake the container to loosen it up once more.
- As soon as your greens are cooked and you’ve got prepped your different elements, assemble them into 4 bowls with quinoa on the base topped with roasted veggies, carrots after which sauce.
- High with desired toppings and serve
*Makes extra sauce than is required for recipe however will maintain for as much as 1 week within the fridge.
Like this recipes? Listed here are others you may take pleasure in!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be a part of 20,000+ members of the THM Group to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome life-style suggestions and behind-the-scenes information from our group!