Welcome to The Betty Rocker Present, the place to be to nourish your thoughts, love your physique, and rock your life.
Right now I’m speaking to physique language professional, Linda Clemons and we’re going to get into these elements of communication which might be non verbal – all these instances we have to draw on our instinct to assist us decode what individuals really imply.
Possibly you’d prefer to know how one can inform if somebody is mendacity or telling the reality. Or perhaps you’d prefer to consciously use your individual physique language to construct extra belief in your relationship, or present up extra confidently at work so that you get seen for that large promotion. These are just a few examples of how we are able to use physique language to present us the sting with regards to speaking.
Linda Clemons is the CEO of Sisterpreneur® Inc, which educates and empowers feminine entrepreneurs. She is an award-winning, record-setting gross sales producer. A physique language professional skilled and licensed in Analytic Interviewing and Assertion Evaluation (a course of used to detect deception) Linda is likely one of the prime world gross sales trainers, helping her purchasers in producing over two billion in gross sales.
A few of her purchasers embrace the FBI, main airline and resort corporations, Spanx, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Main League Baseball, and extra. She has shared the stage with Oprah Winfrey, President Obama, Dr. Condoleezza Rice, and Steve Wozniak to call just a few.
I’ve had the privilege of seeing Linda in motion, and was even an instance in one among her stay talks. It’s actually superb to witness how she appears to be studying the minds of everybody within the room along with her potential to decipher physique language. To cite from her web site: “There Are Lots of of Specialists, However Solely One Linda Clemons.”
She’s right here in the present day to interrupt down a few of her ideas and methods, and go away you with some actionable steps you need to use straight away to crack the physique language code. Get able to take notes, and be part of me in welcoming her to the present!
Linda references this nice quote from Grace Lichtenstein on her web site: “Work for a trigger, not for applause. Stay life to precise, to not impress. Don’t attempt to make your presence seen. Simply make your absence felt.”
Linda Clemons is a charismatic speaker and company coach with greater than three a long time’ expertise serving to purchasers enhance their gross sales. As a nonverbal communications professional, she offers gross sales and management groups with an consciousness of how physique language can enhance efficiency and outcomes.
In This Episode You’ll Uncover:
Meet Linda Clemons [1:09]
- Linda’s background
- The good thing about creating extra confidence in our self-presentation
Why physique language is such an necessary side of communication (2:48)
- Non-verbal communication is our first language
- How our ideas translate into our physique
- Intro to limbic system
- How our emotions translate into our communication
- The congruency of our phrases, tone and non-verbal communication
“I can’t hear what you might be saying, as a result of who you might be being is getting in the best way.”
Unpacking the limbic system and the way that pertains to your instinct (5:37)
- The amygdala and its function
- The combat or flight response
- How the amygdala drives communication
- Buddy or foe?
- The totally different elements of the mind
Disruptors that affect our potential to take heed to our instinct (7:56)
- Why it’s possible you’ll really feel conflicted whereas receiving messages from pals, household and social media
- Your intestine feeling and the way it connects to your instinct
- The frustration we might really feel with combined messages
How can we spot lies and incongruencies? (10:14)
- The baseline in non-verbal communication
- Studying non-verbals in clusters
- Be sure that there’s congruency: of their phrases, tonality and physique language
- What’s the context of the communication?
- What’s the cultural tone of the communication?
Rock Your Life: dwelling exercise studio and ladies’s health group [19:14]
Right now’s podcast is dropped at you by ROCK YOUR LIFE, my on-line dwelling exercise studio and uplifting ladies’s health group the place you possibly can take as many 30-day challenges as you want for constant, sustainable progress. For added selection, we provide 5 new lessons every week, wholesome recipes, a personal ladies’s solely assist group and MORE!
New members can get a 30-Day Trial RIGHT HERE!
Utilizing our highly effective empathy to see past incongruent physique language cues [22:13]
- We are able to’t assume we all know what persons are going by
- Remembering to surprise about somebody’s story
- Seeing past gender, ethnicity, monetary background
- Being current in different individuals’s presence
The lean in [25:22]
- What we lean into
- What we lean away from
- How our ideas and reactions translate into our bodily responses
Creating and deepening our empathy, instinct and self-expression [27:53]
- Understanding the alerts we ourselves are placing out
- Expressing ourselves in alignment with our intentions
- Utilizing your tone to precise the intention you might have for the communication
- Physique postures that specific totally different feeling states
Opening up your energy zones (32:08)
- What the place of your energy zones is speaking
- The throat, the center, the stomach and the groin
- The way it feels to speak with somebody whose coronary heart is open vs. closed
How our emotions shade our physique language (34:21)
- How our physique language expresses our feelings about individuals from our previous relationships
- Whereas we might be able to say we really feel one thing, our physique language might specific one thing else
- How understanding this in your self may also help you see when others are being untruthful
I Vanilla Protein Powder from Entire Betty by Betty Rocker [38:10]
This podcast is dropped at you by I Vanilla Protein Powder, my 100% natural, entire meals mix of 4 plant protein sources that delivers 20 grams of protein to your physique in a tasty vanilla shake to assist your energetic life!
CLICK HERE to be taught extra about I Vanilla Protein!
How working in your power, posture and alignment can enhance your confidence [39:55]
- How power sitting and laptop work can put us into unintentionally closed off posture
- How creating our bodily power may also help us develop psychological power
- “What we take into consideration, we be about”
- Self expression decisions (like garments) relate to our psychological state
Utilizing energy stances to extend your confidence [42:24]
- Guided energy stance
- Noticing the best way you are feeling whenever you open your self up
- How the mind will get alerts from the physique positions
- The self-discipline of the physique is commonly perceived in enterprise as a self-discipline of the thoughts
The self worth we really feel once we deal with our our bodies (45:38)
- Benefiting from the time we have now
- Getting in tune with our instinct and the alerts we’re sending out
- Creating the alerts others are sending us
This Week’s Problem(s) [46:40]
Our phrases are 7% of our communication. Our tonality is 38% of our communication. Our non-verbal is 55% of our communication. Your phrases are energy, your tone is highly effective, however your physique language is vital.
Your problem: follow turning into a tone grasp, and bear in mind in case your BODY LANGUAGE is congruent along with your phrases and your tone.
Join with Linda Clemons:
Developing subsequent: Developing subsequent I’m speaking to Amisha Klawonn, an Embodiment and Sleep Coach, Yoga Therapist, and Integrative Bodily Therapist. She applies many points of ladies’s well being in her follow, together with polyvagal principle and hormone well being, and attracts from her integrative bodily remedy experience within the areas of visceral mobilization and holistic take care of the entire particular person.
We’ll be moving into many sensible ideas you need to use in your life to ask in additional steadiness, deeper relaxation and extra self love. I’m wanting ahead to sharing that dialog with you!
Love The Betty Rocker Present? We do too! Share it with your mates, and subscribe in your favourite podcast participant to be alerted when new exhibits drop!
Love The Betty Rocker Present? We do too!
Share it with your mates, and subscribe in your favourite podcast
participant to be alerted when new exhibits drop!
ABOUT THE BETTY ROCKER SHOW:
Be a part of me for open and thought upsetting discussions about well being, health, and how one can
cease undermining ourselves – and begin taking significant motion that makes us
function fashions to others…
….and, pay attention to my intimate conversations with superb thought leaders, well being care
professionals, athletes and celebrities to be taught their secrets and techniques and insights for
overcoming life’s challenges, residing longer, more healthy, stronger and extra
New exhibits are launched each different week throughout Season 2 of The Betty Rocker Present.
Subscribe in your favourite participant in the present day!
The publish S2 – 11: Decoding Physique Language with Linda Clemons appeared first on The Betty Rocker.