This oh-so savory, comforting, deep dish vegan pie is simply what the physician ordered (actually!)—crammed with a wealthy lentil mushroom filling and topped with a flaky sage wheat pastry, it’ll consolation you with hearty vitamin, satisfying style, soothing aromas, and interesting visions.
Lentil Mushroom Filling:
- 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- 1 medium pink onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) candy potato, peeled, cubed
- 4 ounces contemporary inexperienced beans, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup brown or inexperienced lentils, dried
- 2 tablespoons contemporary sage (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon complete grain ready mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, gluten-free
- ¼ cup plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt, as desired (non-compulsory)
Sage Pastry Crust:
- 1 cup all function flour
- ½ cup complete wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt (non-compulsory)
- 2 tablespoons chopped contemporary sage (might substitute 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, stick
- 4–5 tablespoons ice water
- Warmth olive oil in a heavy pot or saucepan over medium warmth.
- Add onion and garlic cloves and sauté for five minutes.
- Add candy potato, inexperienced beans and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for two minutes.
- Add lentils, sage, thyme, mustard, and black pepper and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth, water, and soy sauce, and prepare dinner for quarter-hour.
- Combine plant-based milk with flour till clean. Stir into lentil combination, and prepare dinner till thickened and effervescent (about 5 minutes).
- Season with salt, as desired.
- Switch filling right into a deep pie dish or spherical casserole that matches 1 ½ quarts.
- Whereas filling is cooking, make the Sage Pastry Crust. In a medium bowl, combine collectively all function, complete wheat flour, and salt. Combine in sage.
- Reduce in vegan butter with a fork till makes crumbly texture.
- Add chilly water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and blend (might use clear arms) till it creates a agency dough that holds collectively, however shouldn’t be sticky. Don’t overwork dough, as it’ll get robust.
- Prove pastry dough on a floured floor and roll out with a pastry curler to create a circle about 11-inches in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place the pastry excessive of the savory pie, and crimp the sides along with your fingers to safe the pastry dough to the highest of the dish.
- Reduce a number of vents with a knife alongside the pie.
- Place the savory pie on a baking sheet (in case it boils over), and place within the oven. Bake for about 20-22 minutes, till golden brown.
- Take away and serve.
- Makes 6 servings (about 1 cup every).
To make this recipe gluten-free, use corn starch as a substitute of flour in step 7, and gluten-free flour mix as a substitute of all function and complete wheat flour in step 10.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 53 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 333
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 546 mg
- Fats: 11 g
- Saturated Fats: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 13 g
Key phrases: lentil pie, vegan entree, consolation meals, vegan consolation meals, vegan lentil pie