Need a wholesome and hearty dinner with out all of the work? This Tangy Za’atar Hen with Veggies is made totally on a sheet-pan for straightforward clean-up and fast cooking that the entire household can get pleasure from. Don’t overlook the spicy yogurt sauce!
I’ve grow to be obsessive about sheet pan dinners! What’s a sheet-pan dinner you ask? It’s just about so simple as it sounds: a recipe that may be totally cooked on a single sheet pan. Sure, which means your complete meal solely requires one cooking sheet and may be accomplished totally in a single run within the oven.
The Tangy Yogurt dressing in fact requires one different bowl, however let’s be actual, meals are all in regards to the sauce and this one isn’t any exception.
Right here’s What You Want
- hen thighs – I used bone-in, skin-on for the last word taste however you should use boneless, skinless if you happen to’d like.
- butternut squash – you’ll be peeling and cubing the squash so if you wish to use pre-prepped squash as a shortcut, go for it!
- brussels sprouts – trim the powerful finish of the sprout off and slice in half lengthwise to prep it for this dish.
- za’atar spice mix – the star of the present! It’s a Center Jap spice mix that takes this dish up a notch.
- olive oil – to coat the greens in for cooking. Avocado oil works as nicely.
- salt and pepper – to convey the entire flavors of the dish collectively.
- yogurt – the bottom of the dressing. Any plain yogurt works! You should utilize dairy-free yogurt if wanted.
- lemon – add a scrumptious acidic taste to the dressing with lemon juice. I like to recommend utilizing contemporary lemon juice versus store-bought.
- sizzling sauce – add only a trace of spice to the dressing! The yogurt counters plenty of the spice.
- to serve – elective however I served this sheet pan dinner with medjool dates, arugula and parsley.
Methods to Make Za’atar Hen and Veggies
STEP 1: After prepping the butternut squash and brussels sprouts, place them on a sheet pan and toss with oil, salt and pepper.
STEP 2: Nestle the hen thighs into the veggies and coat with slightly extra oil. Sprinkle the za’atar seasoning mix over the sheet pan, ensuring the hen is coated. Season the hen with salt and pepper.
STEP 3: Roast at 425ºF for 40 minutes. If you’re utilizing boneless, skinless hen thighs, they are going to solely take about 20 minutes so you may take away them and proceed cooking the the veggies for the remaining time.
STEP 4: Whereas the hen and greens are roasting, make the yogurt sauce. In a mixing bowl, mix the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil and sizzling sauce. Season with salt and pepper and put aside.
STEP 5: When the squash is caramelized, the brussels sprouts are crispy and the hen is totally cooked, take away the sheet pan from the oven. Sprinkle with sliced dates and contemporary parsley. Serve with arugula and yogurt sauce.
- For even simpler cleanup, line the sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bone-in, skin-on hen thighs are most well-liked however not mandatory. We ended up utilizing boneless hen thighs on this model (to check) and it turned out nice.
- Be at liberty to switch the squash and brussels sprouts with different veggies when you have totally different preferences.
- Good high quality za’atar is vital. We like this model.
- Don’t skimp on the yogurt! The tanginess blended with the spices makes for a scrumptious dressing. We had leftovers and added it to recipes all week lengthy.
Sheet Pan Dinner: Tangy Za’atar Hen with Veggies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 40 minutes
- Complete Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 4 hen thighs, bone in pores and skin on most well-liked (about 2lbs)
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup za’atar spice mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of Stonyfield yogurt
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp sizzling sauce
- 4 medjool dates
- 4 handfuls of arugula
- 1 handful parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place cubed squash and brussels sprouts on a sheet pan and toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Nestle the hen thighs into the veggies and coat with slightly oil. Sprinkle the za’atar over the sheet pan, ensuring to give attention to coating the hen thighs. Season the hen with salt and pepper.
- Place within the oven and roast for about 40 min. For those who use boneless, skinless hen thighs they are going to take solely about 20 min to prepare dinner by way of. Merely take away them and proceed to prepare dinner the greens for the rest of the time.
- Whereas the hen and greens prepare dinner, put together the yogurt sauce.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, sizzling sauce. Season with salt and pepper and set to the facet. The yogurt may be made forward and left the fridge.
- Slice the dates, decide and wash the parsley leaves, wash the arugula.
- As soon as the squash is caramelized, the brussels sprouts are crispy and the hen pores and skin is sweet and golden, take away from the oven. Sprinkle with the dates and parsley.
- Serve with the arugula and yogurt sauce.
Extra hen recipes you would possibly like:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be part of 20,000+ members of the THM Group to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome way of life ideas and behind-the-scenes information from our workforce!