- 1.5 lbs. shredded hen ~4 cups
- ½-¾ cup of your favourite salsa we used a chunky salsa that wasn’t too liquidy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 massive white onion minced
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 massive bell pepper minced
- 2 cups recent spinach packed
- 1.5 cups Mexican-style shredded cheese
- 12, 10 inch flour tortillas
- Bitter cream
- Chopped recent cilantro
Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Set a wire rack right into a rimmed baking sheet after which spray with nonstick cooking spray. Put aside.
Put together the hen first, by mixing the shredded hen and salsa collectively in a bowl and toss. Put aside so the hen absorbs as a lot salsa as doable. The kind of salsa you utilize dictates how spicy your quesadilla is.
Warmth a big skillet over medium/excessive warmth. Add olive oil. When the olive oil is aromatic, add the onion to the pan and sprinkle with salt. Sauté the onions for 3-4 minutes.
Add the garlic and tomato to the onion and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook dinner the tomatoes down for 6-8 minutes or till the tomatoes have bursted and began to melt.
Subsequent, add the bell pepper and spinach to the pan and toss them into the opposite greens. Cook dinner for a further 3-4 minutes or till the spinach is wilted and there isn’t a ton of extra liquid within the pan. Take away from warmth and put aside.
Line the wire rack with tortillas. Add 2 tortillas flat in the course of the rack. Then, line the longer outdoors edges with 3 tortillas, they need to be overlapping. Add 2 extra tortillas to the 2 shorter edges in order that the cooling rack is totally lined.
Unfold the shredded hen over the center of the tortillas, however not utterly to the perimeters of the tortillas, you may be folding the perimeters over the quesadilla filling.
Unfold the cooked greens evenly over the hen after which sprinkle the shredded cheese over the greens.
Place the final 2 flour tortillas in the course of the quesadilla filling after which fastidiously fold the perimeters of the tortillas up over the filling. Be certain the tortillas are overlapping in order that the filling is safe.
Place a further baking sheet on high of the sheet pan quesadillas. That is so the perimeters don’t curl. Bake the quesadillas at 425ºF for 20 minutes.
Take away the highest baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
Bake for a further 8-10 minutes or till the quesadilla is golden brown.
Take away the quesadilla from the oven and let sit for five minutes earlier than transferring to a big reducing board.
Use a big knife or pizza cutter to chop the quesadillas into 9 squares.
Prime with guacamole, bitter cream, and recent cilantro.
Suggestions & Notes
- We use a wire rack to make sure that the underside of the quesadillas get crispy and never soggy. Don’t skip this step.
- Make certain that whenever you’re completed cooking the greens that there isn’t liquid within the backside of the skillet. If this occurs, cook dinner the liquid down, take away the greens from the warmth and let the veggies sit and take up the liquid.
- Each oven is completely different, so the bake time is determined by every particular person range to realize most golden brown quesadillas.
- Be at liberty to make use of completely different veggies and a distinct kind of shredded cheese. Make this recipe your personal.
Energy: 382kcal Carbohydrates: 38g Protein: 31g Fats: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g