This simple power bar recipe is full of wholesome complete grains, nuts, and seeds. Even higher, no cooking required!
Simple Vitality Bar Recipe
There must be a whole bunch of bars on the grocery retailer cabinets today. And certain the packaged ones may be handy, however let me let you know how scrumptious these do-it-yourself power bars are! Better of all: this wholesome snack solely takes about quarter-hour to make.
With notes of honey and almond butter because the “glue,” these are melt-in-your-mouth good with a little bit of a crunch. Specks of sea salt make all of the distinction!!
Making power bars at dwelling is less complicated than you suppose. All it takes is a number of pantry staples and a few (largely hands-off) time. This power bar recipe doesn’t even want a meals processor or time within the oven – simply press the combination right into a baking dish and chill for an hour and you’ve got wholesome granola bars everytime you want one.
As a bonus, you get full management over what goes in and you may skip the surplus sugar and preservatives.
Find out how to Make Vitality Bars
These bars actually pack within the diet. Listed below are the staples you’ll have to make these tremendous simple power bars:
- rolled oats make up the bottom of this bar, and add each soluble fiber and sophisticated carbs
- walnuts & almonds for the nuts. I like the crunch!
- pumpkin seeds & chia seeds, that are wealthy in magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids
- almond butter & honey to carry every little thing collectively. It’s necessary to decide on a “drippy” almond butter and never the no-stir selection. This taste mixture is the most effective!
- vanilla & salt for added taste
- You may sub in different nut butters like peanut butter or cashew butter, and even sunflower butter for a nut-free choice. Simply ensure you use a “drippy” one.
- Sub chia seeds for flax seeds.
- Sub in sunflower seeds for pumpkin seeds.
- Swap almonds for salty peanuts or your favourite kind of nut or dried fruit.
- Make them gluten-free with gluten-free oats.
- Swap in dried fruit, chocolate chips, or coconut.
- Attempt to maintain proportions just like maintain the bars held collectively.
Step 1: Toast the oats and blend the dry elements
This step is optionally available in fact, however I prefer to toast the oats in a dry skillet till aromatic. Then add the toasted oats, nuts, seeds, and salt to a giant bowl and blend to verify every little thing is properly integrated. This manner every little thing will likely be evenly distributed whenever you add within the sticky elements.
Step 2: Warmth the moist elements in a saucepan
Heating the almond butter and honey will make it extra viscous and simpler to stir. Warmth till they simply begin to bubble after which take away from warmth.
Step 3: Combine the remainder of the elements collectively within the saucepan
Merely add the dry elements proper into the saucepan and use a picket spoon to essentially work all of it collectively. (Clear palms work too!) This step will take a couple of minutes, however maintain going till the combination is evenly coated and barely sticky.
Step 4: Press right into a pan
Press the combination into an 8×8 baking dish lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Vital: actually push it in there! After utilizing the again of your spoon or a bar curler, moist your palms and actually press the nuts collectively in there. This step is vital for getting the bars to remain collectively as soon as reduce.
Step 5: Chill within the fridge
The one hour chill time permits the almond butter and honey to solidify, providing you with a simple, mess-free reduce.
Step 6: Lower and serve!
Make sure you reduce them together with your sharpest knife as quickly as you pull them out of the fridge. Don’t allow them to come to room temperature first, as a result of they get extra crumbly as they heat up.
Vitality Bar FAQs
Can I take advantage of a distinct kind of nut butter?
Certain! So long as the nut butter is the drippy type, any selection ought to work. Use peanut butter for a extra traditional taste or sunflower seed butter you probably have a nut allergy.
Can I take advantage of a distinct liquid sweetener?
I wouldn’t suggest it. Maple syrup is rather a lot thinner than honey, and never fairly as sticky. I feel that is key to holding these power bars collectively.
Do I’ve to retailer these within the fridge after they’re reduce?
I like to recommend storing them within the fridge to maintain their form. At room temp they’re extra more likely to crumble because the nut butter glue softens, however you’ll be able to completely pack and luxuriate in them on the go.
To make these “grab-and-go” type, wrap them up in plastic wrap and retailer within the fridge for simple and wholesome snacking.!
Different wholesome snack concepts:
Simple Vitality Bars
These simple power bars are full of wholesome complete grains, nuts and seeds. No cooking required!
- 1 ½ cups quaint oats
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup almond butter see notes
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
Line an 8×8” pan with parchment paper.
Toast oats in a dry skillet for 8-10 minutes (till aromatic). Combine with nuts and seeds in a big bowl.
In the meantime warmth a saucepan over medium and add honey and almond butter. As soon as the combination begins effervescent barely, take away from warmth. Stir within the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Add within the dry elements and stir to mix. The combination could look dry at first however proceed to press every little thing along with a wooden spoon or spatula. Add a spoonful of almond butter in case your combination seems to be too dry.
Press the combination firmly into the parchment lined pan (that is key to sticking collectively!). Chill within the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
Lower into bars.
- There are such a lot of kinds of nut butter in the marketplace today! I take advantage of and suggest the 365 model almond butter that’s “drippy” and requires stirring. If you happen to use one that’s too thick, your bars won’t maintain collectively.
- Make sure you push firmly into the pan and permit the bars to sit back for the total hour. Don’t allow them to come again to room temperature earlier than reducing.
Photographs by Leanne Ray at Healthyish Urge for food
Extra posts from Kath: