Half 2 of the 3-part ThousandEyes in Catalyst 9000 Switches Collection: How you can set up the agent utilizing Cisco DNA Middle?
Within the first a part of this weblog sequence, we lined the advantages of putting in ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent in Catalyst 9300 and 9400 Switches. Readers may now be focused on turning on this functionality on present switches and this weblog will clarify how.
There are two choices for deploying ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent in C9K Switches. The primary choice is guide utilizing CLI. The second choice is automated utilizing Cisco DNA Middle. When deploying ThousandEyes agent is one or two switches, CLI generally is a good start line. Nonetheless, utilizing CLI for numerous switches could be time-consuming and troublesome to take care of. On this case, Cisco DNA Middle is the simplest software because it, not solely streamlines the set up course of but in addition takes care of the appliance lifecycle administration.
The place to begin?
- Receive your ThousandEyes account – The weblog is not going to cowl this step. I like to recommend working together with your Cisco or Cisco Companion consultant to acquire entry to the ThousandEyes dashboard
- Pre-work – Outline IP addressing, perceive proxy necessities and collect the ThousandEyes token
- Outline HTTP(s) credentials in Cisco DNA Middle for the particular gadgets
- Comply with the “App internet hosting for Switches” workflow in Cisco DNA Middle
- You might be completed! Your infrastructure is able to add the exams and revel in your enhanced visibility.
ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent is put in in an software internet hosting surroundings in a Catalyst 9300 or 9400 swap. The set up requires sure parameters which embody an IP handle inside a Layer-2 VLAN within the surroundings. This VLAN has to have lively ports. As well as, we require the masks, gateway, VLAN and different parameters. For a seamless set up course of, I like to recommend making a doc with all this information for each swap that can host ThousandEyes agent. The picture under exhibits an instance of the desk I put collectively for the set up in a Catalyst 9300 swap in my lab.
The applying internet hosting infrastructure, requires a set of configuration settings within the type of “Docker Runtime Choices”. The principle runtime choices are:
- Account Group Token: Distinctive string that permits the binding of an enterprise agent to the ThousandEyes account. This token is essential for the set up
- Hostname: Title of the Enterprise Agent that can seem within the ThousandEyes dashboard. We are able to use the swap hostname or one other string of our selection.
- Proxy: That is non-compulsory. Used if the group makes use of a proxy
To acquire the Account Group Token, entry the ThousandEyes dashboard as proven within the picture under:
Outline HTTP(s) credentials in Cisco DNA Middle for the particular gadgets
DNA Middle requires HTTP(s) credentials to connect with the Utility Internet hosting infrastructure. These credentials should be specified within the Cisco DNA Middle stock.
It’s at all times a good suggestion to test the HTTP(s) configuration and credentials within the gadget:
Comply with the “App internet hosting for Switches” workflow in Cisco DNA Middle
Watch the video under to entry the demo displaying the workflow:
You accomplished the set up! Your infrastructure is able to add the exams and revel in your enhanced visibility.
Weblog #3 will cowl set up utilizing CLI.
Comply with the ThousandEyes in Catalyst 9000 Switches Collection