Skip the tortilla with these Wholesome Breakfast Burrito Bowls stuffed with protein & veggies. An incredible meal prep recipe to make forward for a wholesome week.
On my 100-pound weight reduction journey, I realized how essential a wholesome breakfast stuffed with protein and veggies was.
It left me full and happy (an enormous change from the bagel and cream cheese or bowl of cereal that solely stored me full for an hour!) and my cravings simply weren’t as unhealthy the remainder of the day.
It was like wholesome breakfasts made it simpler to make wholesome decisions for the remainder of the day. And, if you’re attempting to drop some pounds your self, you recognize that something that may make wholesome decisions simpler is like gold as a result of losing a few pounds is stinking onerous!
How To Make Wholesome Breakfast Burrito Bowls
These are actually easy to place collectively and, to make them even simpler, I like to make use of veggies which can be already prepped – frozen peppers and onions, frozen spinach, and matchstick carrots (my Walmart was out of the prepped carrots this week so I needed to grate my very own carrots, however I am going for the pre-prepped stuff every time I can to avoid wasting time!).
Saute these veggies along with taco seasoning. I’ve discovered that with the water from the melting ice of the frozen veggies, I don’t even want so as to add oil!
As soon as the veggies are smooth to your liking, divvy them out between your meal prep containers.
The Dealer Joe’s Hen Maple Breakfast Sausage that I exploit comes pre-cooked so you actually don’t have to do something to them should you don’t like, however I prefer to brown them shortly, simply so as to add slightly little bit of shade and taste.
When these are achieved, put two sausages into every container.
Subsequent, scramble up your eggs. When they’re nearly set, sprinkle the shredded cheese on prime, flip off your warmth, cowl your skillet with both a lid or foil, and wait a couple of minutes for the cheese to soften.
Then divide up the scrambled eggs between every of the containers.
How Do I Meal Prep This Recipe?
Simply comply with the directions above to assemble every container.
These glass meal prep containers from Amazon are my favorites!
Simply enable the eggs to chill, then cowl, and retailer in your fridge till you’re prepared to make use of them.
I prep these on Sunday and eat them each morning from Monday via Friday, in order that they final me 5 days within the fridge.
Can I Substitute…
Kale for Spinach?
Completely! I’m not an enormous kale fan myself and spinach is my go-to, however you’ll be able to just about use no matter veggies you’d like in these bowls.
Selfmade Taco Seasoning?
After all! Like I discussed earlier, I attempted to maintain this recipe tremendous easy so ready-made taco seasoning skips a step, however should you’d prefer to make home made taco seasoning, extra energy to you! From scratch is all the time preferable you probably have the time. I like this recipe for home made taco seasoning from Finances Bytes.
Turkey or Pork Sausage for Hen Sausage?
Positive! Simply know that the dietary data will in all probability change a bit, however choose the sausage you want finest!
Wanting For Extra Wholesome Breakfast Concepts?
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 20 oz bag frozen peppers & onions mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots (or matchstick carrots)
- 2 Tbs taco seasoning
- 16 rooster & maple breakfast sausages (Applegate or Dealer Joe’s have varieties that style nice!)
- 16 eggs
- salt & pepper, to style
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Non-compulsory – salsa
- In a skillet over medium warmth, sauté spinach, peppers/onions, carrots, and taco seasoning for about 5 minutes, till greens are tender.
- Transfer greens to a plate or put them immediately into your meal prep containers.
- In the identical skillet, brown the sausages for a couple of minutes on all sides, including a number of tablespoons of water to the skillet if mandatory.
- Whereas they’re browning, whisk eggs with salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- When sausages are brown, transfer to a plate or put them immediately into your meal prep containers.
- In the identical skillet, scramble the eggs till they’re nearly set. Flip off warmth, sprinkle on cheese and canopy for a couple of minutes, till cheese is melted.
- Eat instantly or distribute into your meal prep containers to chill then refrigerate till you’re able to eat them.
Serving Dimension: 1 bowl (1/eighth recipe)
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 308Whole Fats: 17gSaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 431mgSodium: 850mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g
Pin This Recipe For Later!