This Veggie Nuggets recipe is wholesome, child pleasant, and easy to make. Excellent for lunch bins and snacks.
As a mother, I maintain these truths to be self-evident:
- Youngsters love finger meals.
- Youngsters love dipping.
- Youngsters love nuggets.
Effectively, at least my youngsters do.
This Veggie Nuggets recipe hits that trifeca of kid-friendliness. As a result of generally veggies is usually a exhausting promote with the youthful set.
I’m not a fan of “hiding” veggies in different meals as the only method of serving them–I believe contemporary veggies needs to be fixtures on the desk too. However I AM a fan of making an attempt all types of spins on getting ready them.
Find out how to Make Veggie Nuggets For Youngsters
Fortunately, you’ll be able to let your meals processor do loads of the work right here (that is the basic Cuisinart meals processor I’ve had for years and years).
Place shredded carrots, steamed broccoli, garlic, eggs, 1 cup of the breadcrumbs, cheese, onion powder, and black pepper within the meals processor and pulse for 15 seconds or till nicely mixed. Combination ought to type simply right into a ball. If it’s too crumbly, add water one teaspoon at a time till you obtain the specified consistency.
Kind the combination into balls, a few tablespoon every (I take advantage of this cookie scoop for thus many roles, together with this). You must get about 25 nuggets. Flatten barely into spherical discs about 1/2-inch thick.
Place the remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Coat every veggie nuggets with breadcrumbs.
Warmth oil in a skillet on medium-high warmth till it sizzles when sprinkled with water droplets. Organize nuggets within the skillet and cook dinner about 4 minutes all sides, or till golden brown and crispy. You might want to do that in 2-3 batches relying on the scale of your skillet.
Serve these vegetarian nuggets heat or chilly with ketchup, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, or one other favourite dip.
These straightforward, selfmade Veggie Nuggets could be enjoyable for snacks or meals or tucked into lunch bins.
Are These Veggie Nuggets Wholesome?
Sure! Each serving has three grams of fiber and eight grams of protein. They’re pan-fried (NOT deep-fried), however the recipe makes use of little or no oil.
Can You Bake These Veggie Nuggets As a substitute?
However needless to say whereas this recipe requires them being pan-fried, you’re solely utilizing one tablespoon of oil for 25 nuggets–that’s not a lot in any respect in comparison with one thing that’s actually “fried”.
Can You Freeze Veggie Nuggets?
Sure! Allow them to cool and place in a freezer-safe bag, press out as a lot air as potential. To, defrost within the fridge then reheat within the microwave or toaster oven till heated by means of.
Are These Vegan Veggie Nuggets?
These are vegetarian veggie nuggets. To make these vegan veggie nuggets, substitute vegan cheese for the common cheese and use a flax eggs rather than the eggs.
Find out how to make two flax eggs: Mix two tablespoon floor flaxseed with six tablespoons water, stir, and let it sit for at the least 5 minutes to thicken. Use the combination rather than the eggs on this recipe.
What Can I Serve With These Veggie Nuggets?
Serve these veggie nuggets with ketchup, bbq sauce, honey-mustard sauce, or some other sauce your youngsters like to dip.
I hope you and your youngsters take pleasure in these Veggie Nuggets!
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned breadcrumbs, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Shred carrots (I take advantage of my meals processor’s shredding attachment).
- Steam broccoli within the microwave for 2 minutes or till tender.
- Place shredded carrots, steamed broccoli, garlic, eggs, 1 cup of the breadcrumbs, cheese, onion powder, and black pepper in meals processor and pulse for 15 seconds or till nicely mixed. Combination ought to type simply right into a ball. If it is too crumbly, add water one teaspoon at a time till you obtain the specified consistency.
- Kind combination into balls, a few tablespoon every (I take advantage of a cookie scoop). You must get about 25 nuggets. Flatten barely into spherical discs about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Coat every veggie nuggets with breadcrumbs.
- Warmth oil in a skillet on medium excessive warmth till it sizzles when sprinkled with water droplets.
- Organize nuggets in skillet and cook dinner about 4 minutes all sides, or till golden brown and crispy. You might want to do that in 2-3 batches relying on the scale of your skillet.
- Serve with honey-mustard sauce, ketchup, or different favourite dip.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Measurement: 3 nuggets
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 175Whole Fats: 8gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 57mgSodium: 371mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g