Printed on February 13, 2020
Now that Open Enrollment is over, you’ll be able to enroll in or change Market protection solely you probably have a life occasion, like getting married, having a child, or dropping well being protection, that qualifies you for a
Does my life occasion make me eligible for a Particular Enrollment Interval?
There are 4 primary kinds of qualifying life occasions:
- Lack of well being protection: Dropping job-based protection (whether or not by your self or a member of the family) or eligibility for Medicaid, Medicare, or the Kids’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP)
- Family modifications: Marriage, youngster beginning or adoption, divorce, or demise
- Residence modifications: Sure family strikes, like transferring to a brand new ZIP code or county
- Different qualifying occasions (like earnings modifications): Adjustments that make you not eligible for Medicaid or the Kids’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP), leaving incarceration, and so on.
See the full listing of life occasions.
How do I apply for 2020 protection by a Particular Enrollment Interval?
- In case you qualify for a Particular Enrollment Interval, create an account or log into an present one to enroll in a plan for 2020.
- It’s possible you’ll be requested to submit paperwork to verify the life occasion that makes you eligible.
Unsure your life occasion counts as a Particular Enrollment Interval? Simply reply a few fast questions to seek out out.